Taillight Removal?

heathan

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone can give some 411 on the taillight removal? It's not in my Haynes manual. Do you have to removal any body panels like for the headlights? Thanks.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
its cake. for the trunk lid ones, just open it and there should be 3 bolts with 8mm nuts on them. 1 of those 3 should be on the very endge of the trunk lid. the corners you just take that plastic piece at the bottom of your trunk, around the latch, off, and then take off one more clip, you cant miss it, itll be in your way, haha. then just fold the carpet back. you may ave to take out the little plastic thing on the drivers side, just pull up, its only held in by clips, and on the passenger side, just take off the jack door and take out your jack. the carpet is realyl flexiable, so dont be afraid, haha. then theres just 3 more 8mm bolts holding the corner tails in......but be carefull, dont drop any of the nuts, theyre a bitch to find after they fallen into the depths, trust me, i know, haha.

heathan

Reaction score
Thanks man, that don't sound too bad at all. I already have all of the trunk trim out anyway to repaint it, so at least that part is done. They should be here next week so I'll post some pics once I get them installed. Thanks again for the info.

klee

Reaction score
Sketch o5 said:
...trust me, i know, haha.

HHAHAHAHALOL Sketch is like the resident tail light switcher guy on this board. I think you probably have done this more than 3 times. :eek:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
klee said:
HHAHAHAHALOL Sketch is like the resident tail light switcher guy on this board. I think you probably have done this more than 3 times. :eek:

you know it, hahaha, prolly close to like 5 or 6 times, hahaha. and i still have to fix the leak on my one trunk mounted one, haha, so thatlll have ot come off for some sillycone, haha.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
acrod99 said:
^your stocker leaks?
yea, the drivers side trunk lid mounted one. sometimes after a lot of rain ill open the trunk, and its niagra falls right into my trunk, hahaha, sucks......i think i still have the plastic bag that i collect the water in then dump out, haha. ill fix it on a nice warm day.

i mean common, its a 98!!! hahahaha. nothing like the 06 6spd si i drove today tho ;) hehehe

Back