Taking bets... well not really

Jevik

Reaction score
Taking bets on how long my clutch will last... (no money will be collected or paid out)

Driving like a grandma 30 miles on near flat roadway to work. Only have to worry about a couple lights. 3-4 traffic lights. Today on my way into work, I noticed it was slipping in 5th @ 60 if I gave it more than 1/3 throttle. It's only slipped before today if I was getting into traffic and going through the gears and not exactly being easy on it. Gears 1-3 seem to have very little slip if I dont push it. 4's "O.K...." and 5th is a definite "be gentle" mode...

About how much life is left on the clutch, given I dont speed or accelerate quick and take care to release the gas if I detect any slip and be very easy on it?

Jevik

Reaction score
Trying to get the most out of it before I have to replace it, because I'm currently in the middle of a trans replace in my other car...

619rcr

Reaction score
I've had clutches die in a matter of days once they start slipping. Don't plan on getting a lot of life just in case.

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
My brother's Saturn had a slipping clutch and we drove with it for well over a year. Sure it eventually started slipping so much, that going from a stop, it made my grandparents look like drag racers. But technically it never did 100% give out on us

Jevik

Reaction score
Weird it seemed to fix itself. I think it was just really glazed over, but I know the clutch is just about blown...

Back