Talk about quality.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbo_911

Reaction score
Raul, those bolts lock the lower spring perch/nut so it wont move/spin from its set position from bumps, road issues etc.

As for maintaining them, id say spray them down weekly from dirt and such (ie. threads, body, springs etc) and then spray them with some silicone lubricant. Canadian Tire has it on sale for 3$ now :).

How does that silicon spray look like? I've seen soo many and don't know which to buy (spray version) though I did buy regular grey silicon and applied on threads and lower bolts.

i just don't understand how this all happened.

I can recall years ago debates over tiens vs amr vs ff and amr won most of them. i never researched amr's or ever considered buying them, so i will try not to poke the fire too much. this will be my first and last post on the matter

AMR is responsible for the product they put out, plain and simple. modifiying anything to make these products work should not be this well known. yet i see end link rubs and now a simple screw breaking from multiple members and i question how well these products were researched and developed.

if i am correct, these are not the first amr version but a redesign, is that correct? if so, how come no one had issues with the first design yet massive problems with the new ver.

i think andy is a good person and founded his company on good principles, but if he made a mistake, he should correct it now. i mean, what does he have to lose on this site for having everyone's coilovers fixed on his dime? money of course. but is he gonna get repeat business on this site by keeping on his current course? prob not

unfortunatly, i have been apart of this process taking down another well known accord guys business due to a crappy made product. i regretted doing it, but he left me no choice but to publicly confront him on the issue and i will leave it at that

andy, if you are reading this. think of your business and decide what is the best course of action for it? fixing it or hiding behind the coils

I wish yall the best of luck in this fiasco and hope things work out

I think its the same way as iPhone... Look at first version. I've dropped mine a LOT of times, once, I dropped it on pavement fade down and stepped on it and slid lol and NO scratches what so ever. Its like a tank build, that's how usually first product is made.

Then 3G came out and that had issues with screen falling out, scratches really easy and durst gets under the screen. Same thing with 3GS.

Then new one came out, 4G and they said glass is 3X more scratch resistant, and my friend already scratched his as he put it with keys in his pocket. I carry mine with keys all the time, still ZERO scratches.

I think first gen iPhone was the best every build... like quality wise. I guess same with coilovers, since its a different version? Maybe cheaper parts are used and faster made?

Wayyyy OT but I have never seen a thread grow this quick in 24 hours.

@Turbo: I'm glad you found a solution to the issue at hand here. Hopefully if this problem occurs for others they have or will see this thread and know what to do. That is assuming Andy does nothing about this. He is probably on vacation in Buenos Aires or something like that. :lawl:

Yeah, 10 pages and more than 1000 views lol.

And I guess I should edit first post with a solution so if anyone has any problem like me, should check it out.

turbo_911

Reaction score
from my neutral stand point. and my point of view and im not taking any sides but from what ive read. 1000 ish. 6 months waiting ish. some came cosmetically dammaged ish. few people having problem ish. broken bolt ish. lifetime warrenty that doesnt even cover a basic bolt and than telling the person to go to a hardware store to buy a new bolt. ive seen the maturity of andy and the immature of andy. im sorry to say but sleeper cell thanks for trying to get things done for amr to get a group buy for the 6ga people. But i think you are a lil bias. when you have problems with ff you went off bashing on them with quality control is ****. when its time for amr. the scratches that came and broken bolt you suddenly because all companies have problems and yati yata. As much as i want to defend you cant on this one. i dont know if anyone agrees with me but this is my 2 cent. and i agree with badger type on this one fix it asap

Dude, leave both guys alone... if you have any suggestion then post it, but coming here and bashing on Kevin is no good...

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
As I said before after owning these coilovers for a couple weeks now my view has changed. I didn't have a problem bending the bracket for the endlink or whatever, there are parts that sometimes require alterations to a car to work properly. Hell, even J swaps require you to cut the supports in your hood and alter the motor mounts. The clunking though, and the sheared bolt... Kind of ****ty. I mean lucky for me mine wasn't stuck INSIDE the perch. I just need a replacement since I forgot to tighten it down before installation but now I'm kind of glad because I can go to the hardware store and find some ones that will be a little more durable. I want these issues to be fixed just like everyone else so that we can all be satisfied with the outcome!

001Stunna

Reaction score

AMR Engineering

Reaction score
I'm not sure exactly what the problem here is. Your asking me to replace something via text? Why on earth would you not pick up the phone and ask me directly and talk with me about the situation? The situation is simple. You broke the 2 bolts, I have no problem replacing them, but I ask you to pay for shipping. I told you it was probably cheaper to find them locally which they are cause I don't use anything exotic. Most people can go to the hardware store and find 2 allen head bolts.

So here are the facts, out of the many years I have been doing this I have replaced a total of 5 bolts which now makes a total of 7. That is pretty damn good considering the amount of those same bolts we run through. Actually now that I think about it 1 person on here misplaced 1 so that will be a total of 8, but I believe he is just going to his local hardware store. What is the exact big deal here? Do you know the exact number of failures of this bolt? Have you seen any other customers post about this on any other forum for that matter? NO!! So stop your ASSUMPTIONS. It is unfortunate that this customer broke 2 of them, but that is kinda odd from where I am standing considering the how rare these break. So while you guys are freaking out, I'm pretty calm since I've replaced less than 10 of these in 5 years.

001Stunna

Reaction score

I can see that working too, but wasn't that kinda messy a bit? Either way as long as its protecting the damn things then all its a-okay.

Now if only other things would get fixed such as...spring rubber silencers, spring rubber like that located on the top on the bottom as well and maybe just maybe having a nut/perch lock against the current spring perch in case a screw was to call it quits again.

The lack of input on his part isn't helping him at all. BTW how do you know that?
You can view who is looking at the thread at the bottom of the page.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back