neuspeed sport is good ride best setup all roads my opinion
(older setup)

wait-wut-jpg.jpg

drey

Reaction score
i Suggest leaving it alone
its impossible to get a drop without making ride stiffer
imo anything under a 2in drop is not noticeable

the only concern i have with my set up now is that they're a bit mismatched. when im driving at 70-80mph, the car becomes unstable to drive. when im going 60mph+ and hit an uneven bump, the car feels unstable. im thinking the koni sport and old oem springs are mismatched but it's just a guess. i thought about find another set of oem springs but i could end up wasting money if those are too old too. from that list there, the tanabe's are the softest of all those springs on paper but comments here suggest that the h&r and nf210 should similar in ride.

NotNice

Reaction score
tanabe is pretty good on my cousins gs300. they dont give you a huge drop because they try to keep it close to oem. he loves how it rides but not how the drop is.

Kville02Accord

Reaction score
The drops aren't the same but they are close: Tanabe 1.2F / 0.8R, H&R Sport 1.5F / 1.2R

I'm more interested in the ride quality i.e. comfort. Considering that my stock springs are way past their prime, I'd like to consider a softer spring with a moderate drop. Is there a significant difference between these two springs with regards to comfort?
The roads where I live can be pretty bad in certain spots in the city with cracked pavement, pot holes and bumps. Looking for something that I won't hate driving on daily.

QUOTE]

That's exactly what I was most interested in for my car as well. I had my share of slammed cars and mini trucks in my past and did not want that kind of ride now that I am nearing 40 and take family vacations that sometimes require 18 hour straight drives...

I went with -Tanabe DF210 springs which are 2" front 1.5" rear and paired them with GR2 struts. I have been on this setup for over a year and do not regret my choice at all. The ride is very complient and does not have any harshness at all. It's not a slammed stance but it does look lowered. the springs have even settled a little lower since the pick, but they ride is still the same. It's in between a 1.5 to 2 finger gap in the wheel well.

Another thing that makes a big difference in the ride is the wheel diameter and tire size. I went with 17" and 225/45/17 tires. A lower profile tire will also stiffen the ride as well.

Picture043.jpg

same car at stock height
NewlittleHonda010.jpg

Last edited:

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
another .02 cents id like to add is when i was on sportlines it was prettty close to stock ride with oem wheels
now im on type ones and 17s and feel pretty much everything

id say get any set-up with >2in and ull be satisfied

btw sportlines and gr2s was a good setup and i miss it might go back to spring shock setup

YEA I SAID IT WHAT lol

drey

Reaction score
I'm liking what I'm hearing. Thanks for the review and pics Kville02Accord, that's really helpful.

Ya.. I'll be honest, coilovers is not exactly the best recommendation as some say on this forum. That said, I do have admit the coilovers I had were top notch quality in every way but weren't suited for me where I drive.

One other question, is it possible that my OEM springs are way too soft for my Koni Sport? I was paying attention to it more yesterday and it's bouncy. Some of the roads are not paved very flat, so there is multiple little bumps/lumps that make the suspension oscillate. The koni's I think are managing to stop the oscillation but car still follows those bumps. Does that make sense?
I'm still thinking the tanabes might solve my headache of finding something in between my OEM and H&R springs.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Tanabe springs were pretty popular with the DSM crowd for comfort. My Prokits road better than stock with OEM shocks, a bit stiffer with my Pro Dampers. Very comfortable with 17's, even more so on my stock wheels/tires. Infact, my tire size makes much more of a difference in ride comfort than my springs did.

I also disagree that a mild drop is unnoticeable. Sure, my car doesn't look slammed but there are 3-4 silver accord coupes (and 2 black ones) in my girlfriends parking complex alone. It probably end up parking next to a silver accord at least once a week. Most people who start a conversation with me about my car ask me what springs I have or how much I am lowered. Trust me, I have driven slammed cars and I know that after 2 in, each little bit makes you look much lower but even prokits are noticeable.

F350spyder

Reaction score
I had the Tein S-Tech on stock struts at first and liked how smooth it rode as well. Then when i "upgraded" to the Koni yellows, the ride def got a lot more harsh. I was able to drop it down on the lower perch but i was feeling everything in the road. Also had 18"s which didn't give me a ton of sidewall on the tires. I actually still have a set of the tanabe's sitting in my garage cause i never got around to installing them. I was going to do the same thing and switch from the tein's to the tanabes to see how it rode. Traded in the car before i had a chance to install them.

Last edited:
Back