Tech info, instructions, etc.

JJR512

Reaction score
Are there any resources online with tech info, write-ups of how to do various repairs, diagnosing problems, and stuff like that?

For example, if I had to replace the starter in my car, is there a resource you'd recommend on how to do it?

Tectonickz

Reaction score
I have the accord/prelude Chilton and it has pretty much everything In it.

I also know that filtsai.com has alot of good info on DIY stuff on the accord.

Last edited:

JJR512

Reaction score
search function...? :thinking:

I apologize for not introducing myself earlier. My name is JJR512. Hi! How are you?

I've been a forum user for around 16 years. I used to run my own vBulletin message board (that's the software that powers this message board), mine was about computer hardware and technical issues, as well as general conversation. During that time, I wrote (coded) several add-on features for both vBulletin and vBadvanced. Over all the forums I've ever participated in, including my own, I have a few hundred thousand posted messages.

Now I know that to you, I'm just some random entity on the internet, and you have no idea what to believe about me. Nevertheless, I will ask anyway for you to believe me when I say that I do know how to use the search feature here. :)

Part of the problem with searching in this instance is that I don't know a name to search for.

Here's an example: Clark's Garage is exactly the kind of resource I'm looking for, except this one is for the Porsche 944. In particular, look at the second link, Garage Shop Manual. That brings up a page full of technical write-ups on how to do various maintenance tasks, what tools to use, tips, etc.

So that's what I'm looking for, and I have no idea what it'd be called, so I have no idea what to search for, which is why I asked. As a long-time forum user and former owner, I learned long ago that promoting discussion is in the best interest of a discussion forum.

agginline86

Reaction score
Try clicking on the Forum button in the navigation up top
then reading the names of the sub-forums......

Tectonickz

Reaction score
I dont think theres a page specifically like that for every single tech issue and repair instruction. But the DIY master list has a whole bunch of things you clean and fix yourself and that website filtsai.com has some too.

It probably won't just be handed on a platter like that porsche website. Just do a little searching on this form, I've found that there's pretty much already a thread for everything.

DizzyP

Reaction score
There is an app called RepairPal on iPhone and desk drop also AutoZone app has online repair manuals.

Definitely a fix it book like Chilton or Hayes, depending how much info you need.

Pro Tip: keep it in your trunk for quick reference if you breakdown or have a CEL code.
Pro Tip: write common stuff in the front few pages or inside cove for quick reference, like torque bolt specs oil nut and filter, if I am running a I4 or V6.

Pro Tip; if you ever jack up (not accident but lifting) in the front or back to get the tires up, then edit it down.

iPhone using Tapatalk, sent from my.

JJR512

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the tips so far...

There is an app called RepairPal on iPhone and desk drop also AutoZone app has online repair manuals.

Definitely a fix it book like Chilton or Hayes, depending how much info you need.

Pro Tip: keep it in your trunk for quick reference if you breakdown or have a CEL code.
Pro Tip: write common stuff in the front few pages or inside cove for quick reference, like torque bolt specs oil nut and filter, if I am running a I4 or V6.

Pro Tip; if you ever jack up (not accident but lifting) in the front or back to get the tires up, then edit it down.

iPhone using Tapatalk, sent from my.

Two questions on the quoted part: Should I get both, or is either one by itself fine, and if so, is either one better than the other?

And...not quite sure what you're saying in your last pro tip...

Back