Tein s tech Lowering springs

Accrd623

Reaction score
Im very new to the car scene and i bought some tein s techs from a V4 sedan for my v6 coupe . (2.25"front , 2"rear)

i will be putting them on my stock struts, the front are new OEM struts from japan have about 5k-10k on them.

the rear ones are kyb g2 struts much older strut.

I bought these lowering springs because right now my car is higher on the front , maybe even a 3 -3.5 inch higher from the wheel.

I was wondering if someone can tell me what i will expect after putting the tein springs on
Thanks

Last edited:

Varnell

Reaction score
You can expect your stock struts to ride rough until eventually blowing after installing lowering springs. Nice job finding lowering springs that are lower in the front. I picked up the Eibach Sport Plus lowering springs and they made the rear even lower than the front when compared to stock and our cars don't need any help looking like motorboats.

I'm also curious about your OEM struts from japan since these cars aren't JDM. Unless you mean the parts were ordered from Japan as I think there was one production line of 6GA's over there.

You may get 6 months to a year out of the struts. The rears will probably blow first. I think mine lasted about nine months before my rear passenger strut blew.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
The car will also not ride as it should with 4cyl springs since yours is a V6.

I'd sell them, get springs made for your car, save for a decent set of aftermarket struts, then install it all at once. Or go with full coilovers or struts w/coilover sleeves.

Varnell

Reaction score
^I knew I was missing something. That, and it's an i4, but that's just being nitpicky. lol

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yeah, the front will be too soft since the springs are meant for a car with a lighter engine. the car won't handle like it's supposed to, it'll drop a little lower and it'll probably feel floaty while going down the road. kyb gr2's are also a stock replacement type of shock, and they normally don't like any kind of drop...i had a friend that went through nearly 2 sets of them before he learned his lesson haha. the oem shocks will blow as well, especially since the front springs aren't meant to hold up all that weight. these shocks blow because the valving and stroke aren't designed for a lower ride height.

you should definitely sell those springs and get a different set as well as some aftermarket performance shocks...tokico hp's (blues) are usually a decent shock, affordable and are good with a mild drop spring. there are other brands too, you just have to look. just make sure you don't buy something that is a stock replacement.

Last edited:

xci.ed6

Reaction score
My stock rears lasted ~1yr lowered (like 8 years before), got generic replacements, they went 1yr stock, then another year lowered. The fronts were still going fine when I pulled them.

On H&R race springs, which are ~2.5" lowered, I think.

Mine rode fine, no bouncing. I even raced it like that (SCCA Autocross).

Back