Tein S-Techs or Neuspeed Sport springs?

sweagle02

Reaction score
Yeah, you're deff going to want aftermarket shocks with any of those.

I saw drops with the H&R Race springs and the drop looks exactly like what I want to strive for and of course I'd be getting aftermarket shocks with those. My question is though, if i have 3 or 4 passengers wouldn't that put more weight on the car and cause the tires to rub since the drop is so low?

indowanksta88

Reaction score
I saw drops with the H&R Race springs and the drop looks exactly like what I want to strive for and of course I'd be getting aftermarket shocks with those. My question is though, if i have 3 or 4 passengers wouldn't that put more weight on the car and cause the tires to rub since the drop is so low?

depends on what wheels you have and how wide they are and the offset on them and also depends on how much camber you are running. i have no wheels gap in the rear and i am running 18x7.5 with a +42 offset and i have driven around with a full car with 3 people in the back and it didnt rub but the only reason it was not rubbing was because i was running -3 degrees of camber. even if you do rub, there are a lot of things you can do to fix that such as trimming the rear fenders and/or rolling them.

sweagle02

Reaction score
depends on what wheels you have and how wide they are and the offset on them and also depends on how much camber you are running. i have no wheels gap in the rear and i am running 18x7.5 with a +42 offset and i have driven around with a full car with 3 people in the back and it didnt rub but the only reason it was not rubbing was because i was running -3 degrees of camber. even if you do rub, there are a lot of things you can do to fix that such as trimming the rear fenders and/or rolling them.

Ya you're right. Well let's see how everything goes. I really want to stay away from rolling fenders but w/e has to happen happens then. If you guys have any more advice please feel free to comment. Thank you.

finch13

Reaction score

I have the H&R Race and 18x8.5 +45mm wheels, tires rub more frequently on smaller bumps than normal with a packed car.

The H&R's won't want to sit lower with more weight like stock, they're that stiff.

mew1838

Reaction score
Sorry to threadjack but did you guys have to remove swaybar endlink bolt that's connected to the lower arm on the rear suspension?

finch13

Reaction score
Yes, I did. It was the only way to get the lower arm down far enough to get the shock fork out...

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Yes, I did. It was the only way to get the lower arm down far enough to get the shock fork out...

+1

And to the op, I was running wheels that were 18x7.5 +43 at -2.4 and I DID rub slightly going over larger bumps, but not enough for me to care.

I was also dropped about 3" though.....

sweagle02

Reaction score
Hahaha I might as well change my username to Indecisive02 :ownedrun:

I'm almost 100% sure I'm either going with Tanabe DF210 springs or the Tein S-Techs. Flame me or give me opinions (once again). Your choice :icon_gay: hahaha. Thanks for all your help guys

Latest posts

Back