Tein Ss Damper?

EliteStyles6th

Reaction score
Whas up fellas? im thinkin of getting a set of tein ss damper coilovers. the only reason i am gettin em is cuz of the EDFC option. i kno the EDFC wont work with the Basic Damper coilovers.
ive heard the motor for the EDFC will not fit under out hoods. if this is true, whas the point of me gettin SS Dampers? i might as well get the Basics. if u guys have ne info, plse let me kno.
thanx- Elite Styles

klee

Reaction score
EliteStyles6th said:
Whas up fellas? im thinkin of getting a set of tein ss damper coilovers. the only reason i am gettin em is cuz of the EDFC option. i kno the EDFC wont work with the Basic Damper coilovers.
ive heard the motor for the EDFC will not fit under out hoods. if this is true, whas the point of me gettin SS Dampers? i might as well get the Basics. if u guys have ne info, plse let me kno.
thanx- Elite Styles

I have only seen the EDFC installed on a 2002 Subaru WRX. This unit allows for adjustability while you are still in the car. I'm not sure if it will fit on 6thgen accords but the SS kit is still effective without it. You will just need to dial in your suspension manually. The difference between the basic and SS is adjustability with the shocks. I believe they have 16 settings compared to the basic which only offers ride height and not shock adjustability. In short, the EDFC only offers convience of adjusting from inside your car and convience of memory settings for track or street setup. The EDFC is not designed to enhance what the SS kit has to offer.

kapao818

Reaction score
if you don't care about adjusting the shocks then you don't really need SS...SS just gives adjustability of the shocks (stiff or soft).

Philly

Reaction score
EDFC is the most pointless piece of really cool gadgetry ever. not to bash your choice to buy it, but when you have full adjustability by hand, when woudl you need to change the settings electronically? do you track your car and feel the need to make adjustments in the middle of a track session? autocross? cant take 20 seconds to pop the hood and adjust dampening between your runs? lol like i said, not bashing, just trying to figure how people justify spending the money other than having it as a novelty....ooooh lookey what i can dooooo!

kapao818

Reaction score
if you have EDFC in autoX it bumps you out of STS and into SM i believe. i think it's just something to have to show off to your friends. it's cool to have gizmos and do-hickeys in your car to show off to friends...especially if it is a popular name-brand like Tein.

klee

Reaction score
acrod99 said:
I'll get Omnipowers sometime this year.

I don't believe the full coilovers have adjustable dampers but they do sell a kit that has both the coilovers and the adjustable dampers but they are like 800 bucks. It's probably the same price as the Tein SS kit.

Back