Tein Street Advanced

Got02Accord

Reaction score
I know I will get alot of the "you need to search" and etc, I need help quick but I don't thing it would be justifiable to post in the URGENT section. I have a chance of getting tein street advanced coil overs for roughly $800 new, Or Tein street basics for $660. A. Are teins that good, B. Is that a fair price, C. Are the basics that much more worth it. I only gain dampening but I don't ever for see myself going to the track with the car.

Im on tanabe lowering springs at
Front -1.2 Rear-0.8 inch.

Would the Teins be able to A. Be at roughly the same height. B. I know they can go lower but I just wanted to make sure I can raise it up quite a bit.

Thank you so much for the help. I only have till the end of the month to get the pricing thats why I made the thread. Thanks!

xci.ed6

Reaction score
dampening being adjustable, in my opinion, is a bit of a joke on cars.

The only reason they use them is weight changes. Which might be significant on a bike (rider = 50% of chassis) but not on a car (driver = 5% of chassis).

Tein, Tanabe have been around for bit, so you probably get decent quality.

Tein likes to do coilovers with ONLY height, not dampener compression, so the springs can be free, I also dislike this style I prefer styles that change length to do car height, the springs are ALWAYS tight (threaded strut into lower mount).

I tried new ones, 'TruHart', cause I was interested in how they last. I kept my OEM struts with H&R springs in case they died. So far, decent, I 'broke some rules' to get them raised (my car may be higher than most-not stock!), but so far good enough I sold my stockies. I bought them cause they're CHEAP, they may be Chinese (or similar, for origin), but the quality LOOKED decent, and so far they are holding this.

Last edited:

xci.ed6

Reaction score
10556473_10100511298481259_4819396218997904499_n.jpg

Highest, per spec, I've raised it ~1/4".
Tires ARE NOT spec, 5% over.

Got02Accord

Reaction score
dampening being adjustable, in my opinion, is a bit of a joke on cars.

The only reason they use them is weight changes. Which might be significant on a bike (rider = 50% of chassis) but not on a car (driver = 5% of chassis).

Tein, Tanabe have been around for bit, so you probably get decent quality.

Tein likes to do coilovers with ONLY height, not dampener compression, so the springs can be free, I also dislike this style I prefer styles that change length to do car height, the springs are ALWAYS tight (threaded strut into lower mount).

I tried new ones, 'TruHart', cause I was interested in how they last. I kept my OEM struts with H&R springs in case they died. So far, decent, I 'broke some rules' to get them raised (my car may be higher than most-not stock!), but so far good enough I sold my stockies. I bought them cause they're CHEAP, they may be Chinese (or similar, for origin), but the quality LOOKED decent, and so far they are holding this.

That all makes sense to me,

As far as the TruHart, you are referring to the coil overs correct? How do they ride as far as comfort and do you know what there range is as far as highest to lowest? What do you mean broke some rules. Final question, how many miles have you put on them?

xci.ed6

Reaction score
As far as the TruHart, you are referring to the coil overs correct?

yes

How do they ride as far as comfort

Very firm, but manageable. The H&R springs did 'rally' n/p (gravel roads) these prefer pavement w/o 'bumps'

do you know what there range is as far as highest to lowest?
only tried highest

What do you mean broke some rules.

they said 'do not preload the springs'
I did.

how many miles have you put on them?
~5k miles

Last edited:

Got02Accord

Reaction score
As far as the TruHart, you are referring to the coil overs correct?

yes

How do they ride as far as comfort

Very firm, but manageable. The H&R springs did 'rally' n/p (gravel roads) these prefer pavement w/o 'bumps'

do you know what there range is as far as highest to lowest?
only tried highest

What do you mean broke some rules.

they said 'do not preload the springs'
I did.

how many miles have you put on them?
~5k miles

Do you have any more pictures of your car, preferably side view. im on stock 16"s and a mugen lip, almost looks like id be close to scraping

Back