Tein Street Basis Coilovers

Ccrew95

Reaction score
I installed theses recently and finally noticed that the strut has poked a hole through my rear deck. I'm certain that I installed them properly but not sure why this is happening. Anyone had this happening or know a way to fix it?

Ccrew95

Reaction score
Or if anyone has the instruction manual and could post pics of that, that'd be awesome, I can't find them anywhere.

Ccrew95

Reaction score
7nyk06m.jpg

qYSYKJw.jpg

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
The top washer (w/bushing under it) is supposed to be below the strut tower.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
The shock absorber mounting washer and rubber bushing that's under it should not be able to be seen from inside the car, or they aren't serving their purpose. Those are what hold everything in place when everything compresses. The washer is supposed to sit up under the strut tower. I made this same mistake when I was installing my coilover sleeves onto my shocks.

Ccrew95

Reaction score
The shock absorber mounting washer and rubber bushing that's under it should not be able to be seen from inside the car, or they aren't serving their purpose. Those are what hold everything in place when everything compresses. The washer is supposed to sit up under the strut tower. I made this same mistake when I was installing my coilover sleeves onto my shocks.

I appreciate it, I'll take a look. Although for some reason I thought that the hole in the strut tower was too big and that the bushing and washer fit through, hopefully I'm wrong.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Yea that shouldn't be the case. If I wasn't at work I'd snap a couple pics of what mine looks like for ya. Isn't there a top hat in rear too, or no? I can't remember, been so long since I touched my suspension.

Ccrew95

Reaction score
Ya there is a top hat in the back. Ill take a look and if I still can't figure it out, I'd love to see pics of yours.

Back