Thanks for everything!

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
May our paths cross again 6ga.com.

As many of you know I lost my car and took a total loss without any type of money due to a hail storm and my car being collateral for a loan I took out. Needless to say, the bank took my car, the totaled money amount, and that is pretty much it and before you ask, yes I had full coverage + comprehensive, however the car had 10,000 bucks worth of damage.

In no way, shape, or form am I angry at the bank, I knew the risk I was taking when I used my car as collateral at the time and now I rolled the dice and am willing to suffer the consequences.

I've battled addictions, I've battled mental health issues, and I am battling financial problems, relationship problems as well as just plain life. I've learned one thing throughout my 4.5 years clean and sober and that is that I believe in something out there that is going to help me through this. I have been able to keep calm and sane due to my faith. I know for a fact that there is a plan, I just don't have all the information yet.

Anyways, this is a formal goodbye. I am not going to be buying my 6th gen back as I am going to move on to a 4 door due to it being more practical than a 2 door. I've owned this car for around 8 years. I only owed 1400 dollars on my car, which it started at 20,000 dollars.

Life is a gift and what I've learned from all this is that I've put to much focus on my car and not on what is important. There are quite a few people on here that have been supportive of me through these tough times, however I want to mention 2 people who have been there for me for a long time on a personal level, Chris (RedRyder) and Derek (SykVSyx). You both have helped me out more than you all will ever know.

I've learned so much from this site, the family aspect, and the wealth of information has truly been a blessing. I am trying to remain positive due to being so close to paying off my car and just getting it ready for the upcoming Import Alliance, however I will still be going in some kind of car. I am in utter shock at how this turned out, but I will push forward.

I will most likely be buying another car, which I've been looking around for ideas as to what that car might be. I may end up with my dream daily driver which would be a MKII jetta.

So this a thread that is somewhat a goodbye, somewhat an appreciation, as well as a update thread to say that I'll be here just as much as I've been before and I will be sure to make a new member ride thread once I figure out how to find money to buy another car.

Thanks 6ga.

PS give me suggestions for a car to buy! 4dr, under 10,000.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

wl96xs.jpg

10nweno.jpg

2rcrdie.jpg

vcyzy8.jpg

smrnt0.jpg

Last edited:

Cpyro

Reaction score
Hate to see you go man, Hope everything works out for the best. You will be back tho, they ALWAYS come back :D

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
damn Matt. your car went through a long transformation that turned out nice. You were one of the active members on this forum and almost been here as long as me. Gonna be sad to see you go. Come on here once in a while to chat or something. Good luck in life and I'm sure things will turn around and be better for you in the future.

99cfENVYv6

Reaction score
That rough buddy, but I hope you really do keep coming here. Good luck with your next endeavor, keep your head up dude..

99cfENVYv6

Reaction score
BTW....10K will get you into a 04 WRX. You could probably hunt one down with lower mileage if you're patient.

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
Good luck with everything Matt.

But since you'll still be hanging around here, I ain't sayin goodbye :lawl:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Well, it was a helluva ride. For both the car and you. You put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into it and it showed - bigtime. Not to mention very few 6speeds come along, your car won't be forgotten buddy.

I admire your attitude and perspective you've managed to maintain during this insanity, I would personally be pissed at the bank. I know it's just business, but this was a special circumstance and in my opinion they should have shown some F'ing sympathy (customer service) and been willing to work with you. But I guess that's the world we live in. Anyway, amazing the things faith can do for us. You will come out okay from this.

You've been talking about a 'Volksvaggen' since Import Alliance last year...I say go for it. Other considerations imo would be a G35, TSX, or WRX.

Glad you're sticking around, it's been a pleasure getting to know you. ;)

Back