the deal with sound deadeners

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
first one got noobed up by the forum...should work now.

second one just takes a while to load but works for me...

the fun part about dynamat and the like is that it only "blocks" a small amount of frequencies from entering the car. i forget right now, but its in the high range. in other words, a vibration dampener can't block road noise...unless you really pile it on...

xx24xx

Reaction score
As long as Dynamat Extreme is sold on ebay @ prices way lower than SS shipped, I'm sticking to Dynamat. I have yet to see proof that SS can prove on paper the extra cost is worth it.

I do love LLP though. Don never replied to my email about a shipping quote via USPS.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
second skin and SDS are 2 different places...

and why was it a waste?

edit: ive been on diyma when npdang owned it and i'd never heard of second skin till ant took it over. so its not like i have any affiliations or anything.

eggyhustles

Reaction score
I spoke to Don and told him i wanted to get rid of road noise in my tl and he recommended the spray on spectrum.

Told me to use it on the wheel wells and under the hood

Didn't eliminate any noise @ all....

I told him the product didn't work and he basically told me to **** off smh

The money spent didn't even bother me..wasting my time taking apart the car did.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
hmmm...ive always heard people have good luck doing that, especially in the wheel wells :thinking:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
did it stick ok? besides mixing it and cleaning the surfaces it seem pretty easy to do.

and i would think if the surfaces weren't prepped or the stuff wasnt mixed, it wouldnt have stuck anyway...

i dont know...

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
I remember looking at the archived version a long long long time ago... when I decided that for the money I would go with Elemental Designs eDead. I don't have any idea what it costs now but at the time it was significantly cheaper and held up pretty well in the tests compared to more expensive brands.

Still, when I redid my sub box - I had used edead to seal off the trunk and create a front-firing enclosure - there were many pieces that came off very easily. A few were still stuck on very well and were a PITA to remove, but overall I expected to have to do a lot more work to reverse the seal.

I've used some of the liquid variety as well (also from ED), and didn't seem to get very good results. If I were to sound deaden again I would probably skip the liquid variety and use a mat/CCF combo, except for maybe things like the wheel wells obviously.

For the record... I really miss my front-firing setup, and would recommend it as a much simpler alternative to trying to deaden your trunk (if the trunk is sealed off completely, no rattles, all air pressure diverted into the cabin). I mainly switched because I was curious how loud my 15" could get in it's current, much bigger box (2.2cuft @ 24 hz iirc) and because I only had a day to build, carpet, and install the box. I plan on going back though eventually, maybe throwing my other 15 in because it's just been sitting BNIB in my garage

Back