The Death of our 06 TL

Low'n Slow

Reaction score
Well i got one of those dreaded phone calls the other day from a loved one.
My woman had called me right after she was hit by another car as she was driving home. Thank the lord she was not seriously hurt.
As for the 06 TL.......well it put up a good fight, but we wont be taking it back because the damage list is too dam high.
A careless young driver turned over a double yellow line in broad daylight into the driver side of my girl. The TL spun out and rocked a meridian causing both axels to break>transmission to crack> 6 out of 8 airbags to go off and 3 corners of the suspension to break.
Insurance will replace the car with a new one cuz it had "replacement insurance" Its a write-off and the other driver was charged with "turning over a double yellow line or some sh!t. I swear that other driver should do time for NOT paying attention while driving, coming close to killing someone, and for the destruction of two nice cars. 06 TL and 06 Altima. :mad:
She was only 5months old......

The Aftermath

And heres the before shots: :(

Last edited:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
oh man, glad to hear your girls fine. that really sucks. poor a-spec. you gonna be able to part any of it out? and is she getting another a-spec, or is insurance gonna be gay and give you a straight up TL? good luck with everything man.

HondaGus

Reaction score
GLAD TO HEAR YOUR GIRL IS ALRIGHT,

sorry for the caps lock,

as for the car well atleast it could be replaced with a brand new one. some kind. :)

ryon527

Reaction score
thats sucks that the car is destroyed but the good thing is that your wife is okay. can you take anything off of the car?

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
damn man, as much as it sucks to lose a car, at least your girl is in good health, at the end of the day that's what matters

good luck w/ insurance and stuff, hope its a speedy process

cdubb77

Reaction score
Thank God your lady is o.k. man. Stoopid Altima driver. :mad: Hope you get the replacement TL soon.

Low'n Slow

Reaction score
^^ thanks for the kind words boyz.......definately means lots^^

Insurance straight up replaces the car with a brand new TL Aspec. As for this TL, its sitting at my buddies body shop in pieces so that the insurance guy can make his estimate. The final estimate from my friend (body-shop owner) came back at $32,100 worth of repairs. I mean it still would be a nice car, but who in our position would want a $56,000 car back after it had $32,000 worth of damage?? Not me, there would be absolutely no resale value after.
I know what chall been thinkin......skoop some parts off the car. I WISH. If I could i would take the HID's, brakes, the V6......Everything. But unfortunately the insurance company is goin to sell it or fix it to get some of their money back, and they know what and what is damaged and not.

R.I.P

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
WOW glad to hear your lady is ok..I can't imagine getting a phone call like that...good thing you get a new one to replace it...Shame you can't part out the old one haha...i would of wanted the projectors haha...Will you get teh same TL or change color?

Back