The "DOES IT FIT?(parts)" Thread

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I know there is a difference between the 98-00 and 01-02 sedan hoods, someone posted a comparison shot of them side by side on here a while back, and the hood lines were just a bit different. So if Honda changed them for the sedans, it is possible they were changed for the coupes as well. But I can’t answer that with a solid yes or no.

Either way, the difference is very negligible. You’ll never look at the hood you get, and say “ya know..wish I would have gone with the other one dammit.” :lawl:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Will probably just have to find both side by side and see if there is a difference. There are plenty of CG's around, so it shouldn't be hard.

Jimsun

Reaction score
so i bought a 01-02 bumper off someone from TAC (torontoaccordclub). The guy had a 98-00 sedan. He said that when he put the bumper on there wasn't much of a gap so the hood wasn't needed. in fact, he said that it's perfectly fine. me having a 01 sedan, will the gap be considerably huge? I know there shouldn't be a difference between the 98-00 and 01-02 sedan hoods

Last edited:

srlee762

Reaction score
Quick question, can a side skirt from a 96'-00' civic sedan be modded to fit a 7th gen (2004) Civic sedan? If so, how much modification will it need?

Thanks in advance!

SykVSyx

Reaction score
so i bought a 01-02 bumper off someone from TAC (torontoaccordclub). The guy had a 98-00 sedan. He said that when he put the bumper on there wasn't much of a gap so the hood wasn't needed. in fact, he said that it's perfectly fine. me having a 01 sedan, will the gap be considerably huge? I know there shouldn't be a difference between the 98-00 and 01-02 sedan hoods

I had a feeling it was you that scooped that bumper up ahead of me.

You will have a gap with your sedan hood and the 01-02 Coupe bumper.

There are plenty of pics on here of how it looks. I would say there is about an inch of space between the sedan hood and coupe bumper.

Jimsun

Reaction score
I had a feeling it was you that scooped that bumper up ahead of me.

You will have a gap with your sedan hood and the 01-02 Coupe bumper.

There are plenty of pics on here of how it looks. I would say there is about an inch of space between the sedan hood and coupe bumper.

Yikes sorry Derrick.
I've been waiting for a local 01-02 coupe bumper for awhile. I suppose i got lucky.

I've seen a few pictures regarding the conversion but i'd just like to confirm because i know there is a gap. I was hoping to hear a 'no' you don't need the hood :D. I guess i'll just keep this till I decide to repaint the whole car.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Yikes sorry Derek.
I've been waiting for a local 01-02 coupe bumper for awhile. I suppose i got lucky.

I've seen a few pictures regarding the conversion but i'd just like to confirm because i know there is a gap. I was hoping to hear a 'no' you don't need the hood :D. I guess i'll just keep this till I decide to repaint the whole car.

No apologies needed, I was going to get it, but I actually didn't mind missing out on it, I would prefer an OEM bumper, already SSM.

There will be a gap, for sure, since you are using the sedan hood.

You should also consider picking up the rad support for the Coupe bumper as well.

You don't NEED the coupe hood, if you can live with the gap.

Although, I can refer you to a local 98-00 coupe hood that is available as well, let me know.

Back