The OFFICIAL CanAm Cruise 2011 Thread

Which dates for CanAm work best for you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

matty2013

Reaction score
I'm def down for August.
I wouldn't be able to attend the weekend of the 21st as I'll have to make up some shifts that weekend since the following weekend I'm driving to Kansas for the SAE baja competition that my school is entered in. Since I am the only licensed welder with any welding skill it's crucial that I go to do any repairs that may be required during the race.

Reaction score
Soooo....what if you don't find a job and get paid by the time it is time for CanAm whatever date we decide? You expect us to reschedule it then too?

I don't expect nobody to reschedule for only 1 person. All i'm saying is 1-2months to find a job is less stressful then 1week.

Besides, my GF goes to college so even if i was free, she wouldn't.

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
both are fine for me, my last day is may 14th or something, and im 99% sure i dont have any finals that are not held on the last day of class. august would be more ideal though because i'll have some mods done by then, but mods or not, im going :D

Millz

Reaction score
also, its a long weekend in canada...

if any day works for the majority its this...

i didnt know schools in canada have exams on the saturday of long weekends?

Fuzz

Reaction score
also, its a long weekend in canada...

if any day works for the majority its this...

i didnt know schools in canada have exams on the saturday of long weekends?

Welcome to Quebec. Its not a Holiday in Quebec. The Monday is a Federal holiday, but in QUEBEC, the Saturday and Sunday is a business as usual, and school is on just like any other day. (Yes, Schools and Exams do happen on Saturday and Sundays).

Don't take this the wrong way, but I see a lot of peoples writing that they seem almost offended and that we don't care about their previous commitments, or that they think just because its a long weekend that people would have it off.

I agree that Dany, whether he finds a job now or in 3 months doesn't really matter all that much, I mean, you typically do interviews and find a job for as soon as your done school, but that might be my only thinking.

All that Dany was trying to let you know is that a good number of people from the CAQ / Quebec reigon will probably not be able to make it that weekend. Hes not bashing you for being busy in June, hes not criticizing you either, hes simply letting you know that while, 30 guys might have showed up in June, because of exams or previous commitments that THEY have, it might only be 5.

I know that on May 21st I'll be in Mosport racing at the SCCA World Challenge event, and I'm stuck also. Sucks, 2 years in a row I'm gonna miss :(

I'm down for August though.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Welcome to Quebec. Its not a Holiday in Quebec. The Monday is a Federal holiday, but in QUEBEC, the Saturday and Sunday is a business as usual, and school is on just like any other day. (Yes, Schools and Exams do happen on Saturday and Sundays).

Don't take this the wrong way, but I see a lot of peoples writing that they seem almost offended and that we don't care about their previous commitments, or that they think just because its a long weekend that people would have it off.

I agree that Dany, whether he finds a job now or in 3 months doesn't really matter all that much, I mean, you typically do interviews and find a job for as soon as your done school, but that might be my only thinking.

All that Dany was trying to let you know is that a good number of people from the CAQ / Quebec reigon will probably not be able to make it that weekend. Hes not bashing you for being busy in June, hes not criticizing you either, hes simply letting you know that while, 30 guys might have showed up in June, because of exams or previous commitments that THEY have, it might only be 5.

I know that on May 21st I'll be in Mosport racing at the SCCA World Challenge event, and I'm stuck also. Sucks, 2 years in a row I'm gonna miss :(

I'm down for August though.

Nuff said.:thumbsup:

dadams

Reaction score
well the 21st is the day after my graduation... and mid august depends on if i have a job or if i go to grad school... ya couldnt make it like june or something :(

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Can't please everyone.

I'm going to leave this poll open until Sunday night.

And another thing, if I see anyone vote in the poll who hasn't shown any interest in the event, or is in an area that would make it geographically impossible/improbable to attend, you're going to get an infraction.

Unrelated question: Canada is a country......and places like Quebec and Ontario are states within that country......but different states observe holidays differently than one another? How does that work exactly?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back