The Plug & Play Thread (aka ESM - Easy Simple Mods)

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Exterior LED lighting conversion
Shift knob/boot
Engine cover painting
TL/CL steering wheel swap
DIY painting calipers
SS brake lines

Mikey

Reaction score
Define "dumbest of the dumb". I think a skill level should be applied here.

Courtesy lights
Dome lights
Brake, tail, turn, reverse, and headlights
Wheels
Visors

I'd classify those as the easiest things to do. Simple remove and replace.

I've had ZERO formal training and have picked up tips and tricks by watching guys at dealerships and online or simply figuring it out myself. I'd consider my steering wheel swap, to date, the hardest/scariest thing I've done. Not only did it have danger potential to myself but it had the potential to **** up a number of things in my car, lol. Removing my resonator was probably the next hardest.

I haven't done it in this car but ive removed/swapped seats and it was a PITA. Removing the HVAC components weren't too hard bjt it required some finesse. Same with swapping LEDs. The radio isn't too hard.

Different people consider different things to be harder or easier than others. If you've done it or know what you're doing, a steering wheel swap is relatively easy. But for someone who's never done it or has little to no experience, it could be scary.

001Stunna

Reaction score
Whats the point of this though if all of these are already covered in the DIY section of the forum. The dumbest of the dumb just need to search...

Go!

Reaction score
Whats the point of this though if all of these are already covered in the DIY section of the forum. The dumbest of the dumb just need to search...

Well for me personally, trying to gradually walk into mods on my car, it would have been helpful if there was an "easy to do" mod list somewhere.

I didn't see one, so here it is.

Also, many people don't know what everything means so if it was all in one place it could be easier for the new members to get involved in the community.

No intentions here to get "rep points".

Go!

Reaction score
This would encourage spoon feeding... I feel like.

In no way whatsoever.

Think about it this way:

We want a great community of people that help each other out, correct?
If not, then im in the wrong place.

We all like to work together to help each other have better looking accords, correct?
If not, again, im in the wrong place.

SO, if both of those are true, then why NOT make a thread helping new members who might not know much about cars with some easy to do mods that will gradually pull them into doing more advanced mods such as engine work, turbo, ect.

dharding413

Keep it simple.
Reaction score
We've had a great community where people help each other for years. I had no experience with cars when I joined. I found the already stickied DIY master list thread, read it, and blackhoused my headlights within a week of having the car. You're just going to confuse people more by having an additional thread that does the same thing. It's a good thought, I believe you're trying to help. But we already have something for this.

Go!

Reaction score
We've had a great community where people help each other for years. I had no experience with cars when I joined. I found the already stickied DIY master list thread, read it, and blackhoused my headlights within a week of having the car. You're just going to confuse people more by having an additional thread that does the same thing. It's a good thought, I believe you're trying to help. But we already have something for this.

But this thread isn't for blackhoused headlight or more advanced mods.

This thread is simply:

Mods that are easy to do, that can be replaced to OEM with little to no trouble at all.

Back