The time is near ver. Home Theater

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
ive got two floor standing speakers on top of my entertainment center.

i got sony everything, mai unit, tuner, equilzer, cd and amplifer. ill get some pics

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
the hardware
IMG_0244.jpg

the main speakers
IMG_0245.jpg

2 12's each
IMG_0246.jpg

my surround
IMG_0243.jpg

not pictured is my sony center speaker on my tv

xluben

Reaction score
i'd suggest reading the threads i posted. if you're still not convinced the insignia's are a great deal (despite the brand name), then try posting on a real home audio forum.

i don't think you'll find many people supporting low/mid quality mass market items. especially 5 packs or small satellite speakers.

if you're going to be doing 100% movies you might want to jump straight to 5.1, but if you listen to at least about 25% music, i think you'll be better off with some decent bookshelf speakers (2ch) and then add more later.

two good bookshelf speakers will sound a lot better than some cheap 5.1 setup. i have a panasonic 5disc changer and it came with some little satellites. i upgraded the sub to a 12" 200w rca powered one. it does the job for movies, but on music the bookshelves are a million times better.

even the bass response sounds a lot better. mine are 6.5" speakers and have an f3 of about 38hz. for most music that will suffice. the sub helps the movie's low end, but is just too sloppy for any music besides rap.

Quicksilvercord

Reaction score
I'm not saying there not a great deal bro or that they wont sound better,. I just don't really like the product...I was in no way trying to bash you man.
I agree with everything else you just posted though.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
In an ideal world, I'd be buying JBL Stadiums, the Voice center, and Tour boookshelf rears, along with the SUB 12. But I simply don't have the room nor the money, the satellite system with an upgraded center will do for now.

Back