The Truth About Really Upgrading Your Car

Skyy

Reaction score
To add to this, I personally hate when people think power is cheap.

When I was a regular on a Lexus forum, all to often would I see new members wanting to turbo their brand new IS300 that their parents bought them. It was a cold slap to the face when they realized how much a proper turbo setup on one of those things are ;)

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
There's hardly anything out there for the stock v6 that comes with the is300. You usually have to swap in the 2jz.

My dad has a friend who tracks his is300. Has more than 35 grand in his drivetrain alone. ****s expensive, even for our little 4cyl haha

ejreams

Reaction score
****, 300whp is already enough for an enjoyable ride.

A car doesn't have to be fast to be fun to drive.

150-250whp, manual, some suspension work, and a few turns will make it an enjoyable ride.

I can't agree more, having a great sense of control over how you can manipulate your car and actually use its power is more appealing to me.
Don't get me wrong, I need some power, I don't want a go kart, but I like the feel of a fast but well balanced car.

Snoobly

Reaction score
Great article! I agree with it! I wouldn't mind a little more than 270 torque, but much more and the car will get scary to drive. It's a great number for acceleration and control

Mikey

Reaction score
To add to this, I personally hate when people think power is cheap.

When I was a regular on a Lexus forum, all to often would I see new members wanting to turbo their brand new IS300 that their parents bought them. It was a cold slap to the face when they realized how much a proper turbo setup on one of those things are ;)
There's a thread on cb7tuner on how to make 30+hp, with an f22a1, for right around $500.

$500 for 30hp.

It's the fault of all these company and products that say an intake will give you 20hp or that an exhaust will give you 50hp. No. I/H/E will net you MAYBE 50bhp. If you're lucky.

Skyy

Reaction score
There's a thread on cb7tuner on how to make 30+hp, with an f22a1, for right around $500.

$500 for 30hp.

It's the fault of all these company and products that say an intake will give you 20hp or that an exhaust will give you 50hp. No. I/H/E will net you MAYBE 50bhp. If you're lucky.

Haha, as far as Hondas are concerned, they're all just for looks and sound (in most applications)

I feel like it stems from the people who don't really know much about cars, and its something they can do themselves that will make their car just a tad more flashy than it already is. Of course, while all of that is going on, they're convinced they're making MAD power off some bolt-ons.

Power is not cheap. Unless you have a B-series :madrun:

(Disclaimer to any noobs reading this post: Just because things are cheap for the B-series engines does not mean you should attempt to do so. A PROPER build on a B-seires can be just as expensive as other cars)

Back