The work in progress (No 56k) *UPDATED 1/11*

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Re: The work in progress (No 56k)

Shop looks very nice. Glad the mustang is getting fixed up. Color is beautiful. Paint jobs starting at 10k? Geesh - must be some great quality work. I approve of this thread.

so uhhhhhhh congrats?? i mean this pos belongs on a ford forum, not in a H>O>N>D>A forum... :buttkick: gtfo

How about you please keep the Ford hating comments out of this thread. This isn't a Honda vs Ford thread. I love my accord but v8 power is quite nice - thanks.

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score

so what exactly did he do to get this damage, im curious for tha story to this

Johnson

Reaction score

What happened.
First of all, I was completely sober during the accident. I was coming around a blind corner getting on the freeway and CalTrans happened to be watering the bushes on the side with one of those water trucks, and it just so happened that the truck was spraying part of the road way as well. I came around the corner, (I am not sure how fast, all I know is that I was in the middle-ish of 2nd) and there was water and the rear started to slide. At that point I knew if I hit the brakes I would slide onto the freeway and possibly get t-boned or if I stayed in it hopefully it would pull thru and i would be okay. I was making a right turn and my wheel was all the way to the left trying to counter steer out of the slide but there was not enough room. Then I hit the curb and went over that, behind the curb was a guard rail, (thats what did the damage to the door and quarter) then there was the wall, I hit the wall and bounced back over the curb and back onto the road. After all of this at some point the car had stalled and it wouldnt start all it would do is crank. So I jumped out because I knew there was that little shutoff thing in the trunk and I reset that and the car started up and I drove away and got off at the next exit to check everything over and then I drove it home. I would have stayed there but I didnt want the police to come and possibly give me a ticket for reckless driving or something of that sort.

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score

^well dam, that blows.....good thing he wasnt hurt

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score

you gtfo!

10k for a paint job?????

yea 10k, isnt completely out tha queston, just depends on work, we had a 89 5.0 at tha shop we painted factory red, 11k for everything but it had some body damage, this is a pic of waht it looked like b4 cut and buff/detail
redstang.jpg

Last edited:

Johnson

Reaction score
Updated pics on 1st page.
Drop and Cobra rims coming tomorrow.

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
Wow if he wrecked on an on ramp because part of the road was wet then he either sucks as a driver or his tires were for sh!t.

Looks like a really nice job. I like the rear without a spoiler.

Not feeling the front bumper though :hide:

nsjames

Reaction score

10k for a paint job?????

I know people that have spent more at the body shop.

show quality custom paint is not cheap in the hot rod scene.

there's a local guy here that does interiors, in a barn, he used to be Amish but left after the Bishop told him he couldn't move the cars around on the property. Interiors start at 10K and go from there.

People are shipping cars from all over the US to him. motherfawker starts with nothing but blank material and it's amazing to watch him sew it and form it to make seats/upholstery.

Back