think this would look good in the 4dr

98accordlx

Reaction score
walmart ftl

theres probably other (better) units out there for the same price.

so far the only ones i have found that have the same specs and more (one of the double din 7in models has a digital tv tuner) are all coming from the same area in china and there forums are sparsely used (government at work?) offering very little insight on how well the products work or any other type of info. heres the site for it

http://www.autodvdgps.com/

i mean if theses things can actually stand up past they're 1 year warranties and you can get decent technical support im all for it once i get an alarm on my ride.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
ewww china

you might have to give up some functions just to end up with a quality unit. i'm sure we all want 400hp but have daily commutes to deal with...

dynasty

Reaction score
i would buy the portable GPS instead. they are getting cheaper which i don't know why but it is. and i would save money to get a tv screen to watch dvd instead. i got my flip out screen+dvd player for $200. and it's made in China too. haha. but it still works so it's fine for me.

98accordlx

Reaction score
i got the deck from wal-mart any way, it just came down to being less of a hassle for me. heres what it looks like installed.

98accordlx

Reaction score
it threw me off at first too but when it comes time to use it the touch screen helps out alot for changing radio stations and using the gps. i sat there for like an hour just memorizing the locations so i don,t even have to look at the screen any more and i don't even have to take my hand off the shifter if im in 1/3/5 gear. the only real prob i have with it right now is that i gotta get some some wire so i can run the video switch wire to the parking brake so it will allow you to watch video files and then i gotta figure out how to turn the volume down on the navigation voice cuz its ear piercing loud when it tells you to turn

x27arab27x

Reaction score
im just looking at the usb functionality and the gps, id be able to use the usb function of my phone (motorola slvr) since it has a 2gb micro sd card in it and plug it directly into the deck without the need for cd's plus it would also eliminate the need for a car charger for it would charge my phone through the usb port. all the maps on it are upgradeable through downloads on the internet and i have a usb jump drive for that.

currently a wal-mart near me is selling them for 417 something after tax since i think they stopped carrying the roadmaster stuff and are just trying to get rid of there stock of it. i installed this very same one into my friends mazda protege and it was nice. the pic and the video on the site are a little mis leading of the actual size of it though for the outside edges stick out a little bit further than you'd think.

the only thing i never got to play with on it after i installed it into his car was the bluetooth function

i had a vr3 headunit and it was great. but as for u plugging in your phone to it it wont work. motorola phones require drivers for usb charging to be available. vr3 headunits dont support drivers. suprisingly enough with that unit tho it had great sound quality for being so cheap. but for 417? dude u could go to frys and grab a sumas flipscreen or DP Video double din for like $250. and they both have usb.

98accordlx

Reaction score
yeah i figured that out already for my phone. even when switched so it acts like a jump drive it still needs a driver to charge the phone. i just went to radio shack and bought a 1gb micro sd card to put in my phone, and took the 2gb one i had and put it in its adapter and put it in the deck. yeah i could have but i was going for the least amount of moving parts as possible and im staying away from anything dbl din til i do some more mods to the car. if something happens i wanna take it bak to oem as easy as possible which is why i still have the factory deck and aftermarket cd changer sitting in my trunk. so far the only problem i have had with the deck besides it being a little loud for the gps voice that safety switch to watch videos stops working 20 min into the videos im watching on my jump drive when im on my lunch break. i dont think my ground is very good so when i get some free time i have to change that. btw theres no frys where im at.

98accordlx

Reaction score
well ill be someone actually busted out my driverside window and tried to steal my deck. they got interrupted by the neighbor though and didnt even get anything all they did was screw up the 2 screws at the bottom of the plastic face of the console, left tool marks of what looks like a pry bar and bust out the window. i guess my deck was really worth something to someone enough to not go through the rest of the car or touch anything else. my g/f left $200 in cash in my glove compartment from her paycheck, my phone was in there bluetooth headset, and some new clothes with the tags still on them and the recipet still in the bag. after i replace the window im gonna start shopping around for an alarm b4 i put my stereo back in cuz ive been told by a few ppl it kinda sounds pretty good and a few ppl though i had a more decent setup other than just the deck with factory speakers.

Last edited:
Back