Thinking of buying...Need advice

cman302

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been lurking here for the past past week and reading up on
6th gen Accords. My dad's friend wants to buy a new Honda Insight and wants to get rid of his Accord. Here are the specs:

2001 Accord LX 4 cylinder
Leather interior
51,000 miles
Gold exterior w/ Beige interior
Garage kept since new (original owner)
Has done all oil changes and maintenance at Honda dealership
Paint is like new, no fading. just a few minor scratches and 2 door dings
never been in an accident (I know this for a fact)
Everything works as it should
2 tires are have 40% tread left and 2 have 70%

He wants $6,500

Is this a good deal? He is making it out to be like he is doing me a favor by giving me the first oppurtunity to buy it from him. He says he can sell it for more than $6,500 on Craigslist/Ebay...

Let me know what you think. Any and all input would be appreciated.

Thanks...

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
Yes, I'd say that is a good deal. That's REALLY low miles for a 2001. If it's a clean car and you actually like it, I would get it in a heartbeat.

EDIT: If it's a manual, +32529785

DrOwZee

Reaction score
jump on it while you still can man. i think its a steal. great miles and its been babied.

cman302

Reaction score
Yes, I'd say that is a good deal. That's REALLY low miles for a 2001. If it's a clean car and you actually like it, I would get it in a heartbeat.

EDIT: If it's a manual, +32529785

It's an automatic. The one negative is that he's a heavy smoker. I figured that with a good detail and maybe replacing the carpet might help get rid of cigarette smell. Anyway thanks for the replies so far.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
if he really loves you, he should lower it a lil bit more... prob $5000 given tht it's an auto and he was a heavy smoker

cman302

Reaction score
I can probably get it for $6k at the lowest. $6,500 is the first number he threw at me. The reason for the low miles is the fact that the guy has a lot of health problems. He is pretty much confined to his house. The car is primamrily used to go grocery shopping and drop off/pick up his son from school.

Back