thinking of doing a h22a

fr33k

Reaction score
hi ppl. im a n00b at all this. for the most part anyways.
i have a 98 accord lx.
i also have a 93 h22a with garrett turbo,tial wastegate,greddy bov,p28 and some internals done as well....
long story short,

the f series was fashioned after the h series correct?
so what im asking is this, will the h22a motor bolt up to the f23a1 trans without any major mods?

another thing,
i know i need the obd2 to obd1 harness
and rewire the dizzy.
what about the other plugs and such? will most be pnp or will i have to slice and dice my accord harness to make this work? if i have to slice n dice can someone please give me some light on this? a link a diagram or any kind of input would be really nice.

the only reason im dropping the f23a1 is because i need to rebuild it from the bottom up. it smokes more half the ppl on the internet. lol

so thats my intro and im hoping someone will be nice enough to help me. thanks in advance for reading this and to any and all replies.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I think searching will answer most of those questions, lots of info about this swap on here. Then you can come back with more specific questions that you are not sure about.

Is your car a 5spd?

fr33k

Reaction score
great first post on this forum. its shows how well youre gonna do with searching.

but since im feeling nice...

tranny will bolt right up. no mods needed. and everything should pretty much be plug and play.. although a few wires may have to be lengthened.

but read through this. it should help answer all questions http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27142

that is some great info. thanks. that should keep me busy for awhile. ill post pics in my profile while im doing this swap.

i have nothing but time to do this. im in no hurry. as this is just a project car.
hoping to see about 300 to 325 hp on the dyno. if not oh well, no big loss really. just redo a few things and push it as far as i can.

fr33k

Reaction score
I think searching will answer most of those questions, lots of info about this swap on here. Then you can come back with more specific questions that you are not sure about.

Is your car a 5spd?
red yes the trans is a 5 speed. i wouldnt drive anything else. lol
i honestly hate auto-get-its.

and if i get time tomorrow ill post pics in my profile so you and everyone else can see what im doing and hopefully be able to help if i need it.

thanks for taking time to read this.

fr33k

Reaction score
ok, is my 98 accord a obd2a,obd2b or just obd2? how can i tell the difference?
and would anyone say its safe to skimp out on this as far as price goes for a obd2 to obd1 jumper?
just dont want to buy junk parts or nothing i dont really need.
and again thanks for the support n help.

Last edited:

jdmcg3

Reaction score
your car is obd2b. and you can just run a ebay jumper harness. itll be fine

and since this is gonna be a project of yours.. start a new thread in the "engine and transmission" sub-forum. you can post pics, questions, and progress in there. and more ppl are gonna be able to help you out becuz it will be seen more than just in your profile.

or we could have a mod move this thread to that section...

Last edited:
Back