Those of you with body kits

Here4U2nv151

Reaction score
I was curious how you guys mounted your bodykit. I have mine in the stock holes but I am looking for some ways to reinforce the side skirts and rear bumper. It seems to be just a little bit too loose. I know it wont fly off or anything but it would just make me feel better when i'm cleaning it. I was looking for some suggestions of how i should do this.

The ///Man

Reaction score
On other cars I made brackets for the front and rear sides and put rivets along the inside of the doors for the side skirts.

silencer

Reaction score
i have my side skirts screwed in front to back. The same with the rear bumper

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
I'm using some self tapping screws above and below the ones in teh stock positions. I'm also using 3mm double-sided tape.
Better safe than sorry

whitey2kaccord

Reaction score
blacknight said:
I'm using some self tapping screws above and below the ones in teh stock positions. I'm also using 3mm double-sided tape.
Better safe than sorry
I used the same 3m tape on the sideskirts and used the factory hardware on the rear bumper. I used zip ties instead of the factory screws on the front bumper because if you scrape or bottom out on something, the zip tie will break instead of your kit. I used the screws on my first bodykit, but learned my lesson and switched to zipties for the 2nd kit. Its ghetto, but it works. Trust me. :D

da mayor

Reaction score
hey here4u2nv where is my test pipe? it's been almost a month and you haven't sent it out yet

to asnwer your question. i riveted the side skirts into my doors and added an extra bracket under my rear bumper to make it stronger for wind protection on the highway

Back