Timing belt??? Please advise..

gsrteg

Reaction score
Theres this mechanic tech guy on the net named Eric, but goes by EricTheCarGuy. He has awesome car tips. He has a video on timing belt change for a honda accord. Check him out. I just bought his video, and im bout to do my timing belt soon on my own. Ill do a DIY Tech tutorial soon too, so check me out too.

gsrteg

Reaction score
But as far as telling whether your timing belt is still good or not, just do a visual inspection on your own. Just look out for any signs of wear or tear, take the valve cover off. Then by slowing turning your crankshaft bolt, do a visual inspection. Also check the tension, the belt shouldn't have much of a gap of tension when pressing on it.

Last edited:

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
You can push up to 100k if you feel the car is up to doing it. However, if I were you, I do my timing and all maintenance work just to be safe and peace of mind. Another thing you mentioned, "he seemed to do all maintenance." If he has provide the paper work when they were done and its recent, then you can leave it as is to save yourself the trouble to spend money.

Back