tinting your tail lights not spraying them

eggs

Reaction score
anyone know how to tint your tail lights with an actual tint. i am having issues with the curve on the tail lights its a 4 door i was thinking about heating the tint for the curve anyone got any idea how to do it thanks

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
You have to heat it up to allow it contour around the lights. I tried to use this stuff but its impossible if you have not used window tint or anthing else in the past. I just srayed them. It looks just as good.

brettg4215

Reaction score
never even seen those good find thanks

dont be scurred to give me some rep points....hahaha
but yea im thinking about getting these instead of spray, let me know if you get them cause i want to see how they turn out.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Yeah, and let me know how you plan on putting those on. I ordered them and it was almost impossible to get the film to lay evenly on the inner tail-lights. It's just too hard if you don't have a heat gun or you don't have experience putting on window tint.

eggs

Reaction score
Yeah, and let me know how you plan on putting those on. I ordered them and it was almost impossible to get the film to lay evenly on the inner tail-lights. It's just too hard if you don't have a heat gun or you don't have experience putting on window tint.

i used to hang out at this guys tint shop alot so i picked some of it up i figure wtf why not try to tint my windows and tail lights myself but its been to cold in ny bc it has to be like above 65 for the tint to stick well so i have to wait

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea man, its real easy. i used to spray tint my tails with a red spray paint, then i decided to go with vinyl, thank god, and its soooo much better. it might be a litte more involved, but itll look a lot cleaner.

you just need the tinting film (red or black), a hairdryer (at least), and soapy water.

- spray the outter tail light lense with the soapy water
- then peal the backing off of the sticky side of the tinting film
- spray the soapy water on the sticky side of the tinting film
- put the sticky side that you sprayed the soapy water on, onto the tail light
- use the hairdryer/heatgun to warp/mold the tinting film around the lens, at least on the outter tails....if you have a sedan
- make sure you have no bubbles, then youre good to go :)

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
Like sketch said its fairly easy, just make sure you eliminate all the bubbles

Back