Titanium Exhausts?

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
the primary reason for titanium exhaust system is the weight savings. I have a custom full SS exhaust setup, and the titanium version will probably be 1/4th of the weight. Simply because it can be made thinner & the material itself is naturally 1/2 the weight of Stainless Steel.

There is no proven "power increase" just because the material of the metal changed.

Keep in mind that, building & DIY your own titanium system is out of the question unless you have a vaccum room.

In terms of duability, stainless steel vs titanium, a stainless steel exhaust setup will probably outlast any cars you put it on.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Titanium is virtually rust proof next to platinum. It will outlast any stainless steel exhaust on any car. The power gains are the same but material and construction of exhaust has everything to do with sound.

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
Well its for my wrx but it's not like i asked to buy an exhaust for the wrx. I asked about titanium exhausts that might even give some insight to the accord owners.

Anyway, in terms of sound what's the difference?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Maybe there are some sound clips on Youbewb that would give an idea? It's blocked at work so I can't check.

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
It will be a higher, harsher note because the material to make it is much thinner (since it is stronger and lighter).

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
My buddy at the performance shop told me that it is stronger, lighter, good for winters since it won't rust(same with stainless steel), and it's thinner so the sound doesn't resonate as much making it sound louder.

well i got the invidia N1 street Ti CBE. downpipe and tune later on.

Back