TL/CL Type S Dash Swap In Sedan CG16

Brad2274

Reaction score
Every time I reconsider doing this with either a CL or TL dash, I see pictures and hear tales of wiring woes, and I just shrug in defeat. If the CL dash was straight plug and play I’d probably do it.

Good luck OP, looks like the progress is slow but steady.
i would do it if i were you, it will make you fall in love with your interior, i have a feeling the 99 tl wiring would be plug n play but i would need alldata diagrams to confirm
Guys on the ALLDATA diagrams I'm talking about Connector D2... Sorry about that i wasn't specific.

Brad2274 Heated Seats Work...working on memory seats. Adding the missing wires from the harness to the seat (My seat harness is the oem Accord that's why my carpet is off lol there's no need to remove the carpet for a dashboard)and it should work i have all the computers and multiplex's for the TL.
nice! so you added the passenger harness for the passenger CLs electric/heated seat? awesome, youll be glad you got the ac stuff lol i had a headache with that. i ended up using both accord harnesses and cutting pigtails off of tl harness, ended up doing like 7 connectors, or 150+ wires :lawl: so i have pretty much everything working, i dont have cruise control for some reason, trying to figure that out now.
Anything specific you having trouble with now? i remember having diagrams scattered everywhere when i did it too hahah.
btw i would love those gauges, pm ill take them! i can barely read this cluster during the day and its butt ugly, heres my struggle with putting in the type s stuff

FNCONE

Reaction score
Brad2274 I have the CL seats with the pigtails (plugs are different sizes) the extra wires are for memory and heated... so i have the accord OEM seat harness with extra wires i ran to complete the CL plugs.... I'm going to check tom in the garage for the old cluster (the one that was in my accord dashboard) because i have an extra cluster with the correct mileage from my swap. when i get them ill text or pm you and ship them to you. (I'm just sending the faces, you'll see they come off easy....**********that's how I'm going to do the manual cluster, if i get the 6 speed....no need in buying a whole new cluster if I'm just trying to hide P,R,N,D3,D4,D5,1,2.....hey i think it will work,.... just a thought for you guys...instead of buying the whole thing just buy the face in acuraautomotiveparts....******* (some of you guys might be thinking that's a smart move MOFO...lol:coffee::coffee::coffee:

FNCONE

Reaction score
Brad2274 i remember reading that post when i was trying to install mine.... i just went with ALLDATA, i got lucky i guess since mine is an 01
We will see Monday if i have any wiring problems. Weathers not going to be that bad.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
i would do it if i were you, it will make you fall in love with your interior, i have a feeling the 99 tl wiring would be plug n play but i would need alldata diagrams to confirm

Oh I would be sooo happy to have that interior, that's one area I feel the car is lacking in. I just don't have a good knowledge base when it comes to wiring. And I need my car for daily driving. Consequently something like this likely isn't possible right now for me.

Even if the 99 TL wiring was all plug and play, would it all plug into the CL cluster, HVAC, radio, etc etc? Let me know if you ever confirm the diagrams...:lawl:

FNCONE

Reaction score
Brad2274 Message Me I Got Your Type-S Faces Ready...
Type-SFaces.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]
:headbang:

FNCONE

Reaction score
Just an update guys, I haven't finished, but working on it (between 2 jobs and life)... The interior is cleaning up nicely.

The GOOD

1.All AC modes work and rear vents.

2.ABS wiring is almost done (inside the car obviously, no work has been done to the ABS parts outside the car)

3. LOOKS HOT!

Just going to double check my wiring and heat shrink and loom them to make it look Stock and clean.

I ran into a few hiccups....

The BAD

1. The vent that goes to the back thru the center console is longer than needed? :squintfinger: the TL is definitely longer than our cars. (duh... I'm just saying)

2.Then trying to add the CL cup holder the dam vents are going to have to be custom. I knew this was coming, (from a different forum AcuraZine fsttyms1) BUT AFTER I GOT THE VENTS TO WORK!!! :sad72: lol, ill figure something out.

3. After running the memory seat wiring to the drivers seat, MY DAM CL SEATS USE A DIFFERENT WIRING METHOD :Frustrated: I have the TL's but i want my CL's.
thank God i noticed and the wiring was just temp while testing (I'm using the TL and accord diagrams, i will buy the cl and get this straightened out).

Little by little its getting there...

InteriorCleaningUpNice1.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

InteriorCleaningUpNice3.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

InteriorCleaningUpNice5.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Euro-R.jpg

Beautiful.

Too bad about all the work required to get the rear window wiper, but it would be something to consider, for sure.

FNCONE

Reaction score
Euro-R.jpg

Beautiful.

Too bad about all the work required to get the rear window wiper, but it would be something to consider, for sure.

YES IT IS! that is the look i was going for BUT NOTHING FITS. Had to modify lips. Didnt even bother with lights after i saw the gap they leave when i installed them, and didnt even bother with the flares. I wont even attempt the rear window wiper after i seen first hand NADA fits

Back