TL Sway-Bar question

nixed007

Reaction score
i didn't even bother trying to un-bolt them I tried for about 5 min when i did my suspension the first time. Cutting them off with a hack saw and running into a couple little problems the thing only took me 2 hours. Now that i have done it once i could problem do it in under 45 min. Mostly because I went with the moog end links.

I must say the 24mm progress bar is hot! I got rid of almost all of my body roll when i am getting on and off the highway, i can't wait to test it out this summer at some auto-x meets.
My friend with an STI is now pushing me to go with a new front bar. I noticed a big difference in his when he jumped to the larger front bar and added a bit more camber. I realize its a totally different car but I was just wondering if anyone knows of a good upgrade our oem says that its 27.2mm

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
if i remember right, most of the aftermarket front bars are the same size. also if you found one wouldnt it be counter productive to put a larger front sway in because it would just add back the understeer you just got rid of with the rear, think about it...

finch13

Reaction score
if i remember right, most of the aftermarket front bars are the same size. also if you found one wouldnt it be counter productive to put a larger front sway in because it would just add back the understeer you just got rid of with the rear, think about it...

Exactly my thoughts.

nixed007

Reaction score
Adding a larger front sway bar doesn't automatically mean that you are going to add more under-steer. If you have a setup that supports a larger front sway bar meaning if you have sticky tires with a little negative camber the larger bar will add to the amount of grip you get through the turn. So instead of your front wheels "hopping" around it will in a way tie the two front suspension together.

Think about what happens when your car enters a turn, the nose of the car dives to the outside reducing the pressure on the inside wheel causing the car to push through the turn, if you can keep the front closer to level you will maintain grip on both tires thus decreasing under-steer even more.

low430

Reaction score
Adding a larger front sway bar doesn't automatically mean that you are going to add more under-steer. If you have a setup that supports a larger front sway bar meaning if you have sticky tires with a little negative camber the larger bar will add to the amount of grip you get through the turn. So instead of your front wheels "hopping" around it will in a way tie the two front suspension together.

Think about what happens when your car enters a turn, the nose of the car dives to the outside reducing the pressure on the inside wheel causing the car to push through the turn, if you can keep the front closer to level you will maintain grip on both tires thus decreasing under-steer even more.

x2
I dont believe a larger front bar will create understeer.
I had the ST front swaybar on my integra and the car handled like it was on rails, Besides my car over-steers almost too much with the TL_S rear swaybar alone.
THe TL bar was meant to be paired with a stiff front bar and since the weak accord bar is installed the tail gets all happy, ESP in the wet

turboputz

Reaction score
i didn't even bother trying to un-bolt them I tried for about 5 min when i did my suspension the first time. Cutting them off with a hack saw and running into a couple little problems the thing only took me 2 hours. Now that i have done it once i could problem do it in under 45 min. Mostly because I went with the moog end links.

I must say the 24mm progress bar is hot! I got rid of almost all of my body roll when i am getting on and off the highway, i can't wait to test it out this summer at some auto-x meets.
My friend with an STI is now pushing me to go with a new front bar. I noticed a big difference in his when he jumped to the larger front bar and added a bit more camber. I realize its a totally different car but I was just wondering if anyone knows of a good upgrade our oem says that its 27.2mm

Diameter isn't everything. The Accord 27mm bar is hollow. The OEM TL bars are solid and therefore have a much higher torsional rigidity.

Get either the OEM TL front sway for the 04-07 manual or if you want to spend more money and have a green bar then go Suspension Techniques, found on ebay.

I am going with OEM TL front and rear with Moog endlinks all around.

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
i swear if I hear about that integra one more time...............

LOL.

I'd be interested to see the diff between not having a front upgrade and having one. But, not interested in the money at this point. The jump in handling performance was so good after the rear sway, I'm happy for what that cost me. Not to mention everything would be a PITA to unbolt in the front. ****ing rust. :squintrun:

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
Okay. That's your take. lol. Mine is that the underbody of my car is inexplicably rusted the ****, worse than other 2001 cars, and its just not worth my time, and I'm not taking it to a shop for that, lol.

Drilling out the bracket mounts for the RSB cuz all four bolts snapped off, flush to the brackets... FTL. lol.

Back