To all experienced/veteran members of 6ga???

001Stunna

Reaction score
Yeah....about that :sad:

if you didnt see my earlier thread, i was explaining i was having some problems with my tank/lines, it seemed to be periodically dripping fuel.

So just about an hour ago i put it on a lift, and its all seeping out the top of my tank.

Take it for an inspection @ Honda Marysville Ohio, they say i have rusted fuel lines. :doh:

Guy looks on computer, comes back and says it will cost around $2,500 to have them replaced. :eekwtf:

After i shat a brick, i went home and decided even though it will be a helluva job, i have the tools and assets to change them myself. My now retired grandpa was a mechanic for 50 years. Only option i see left is doing it together, and dropping the rear suspension, replacing the lines on our own.

Still in a tough spot though deciding on it

Try and call around any local independent garages/shops and see what they quote you on the job. I'm pretty sure it'd be cheaper then $2500

Sl1m_Shady

Reaction score
Try and call around any local independent garages/shops and see what they quote you on the job. I'm pretty sure it'd be cheaper then $2500

Yeah, I was thinking that...I mean, it's understandable that the price will be high for the labor involved, if I'm correct replacing fuel lines means dropping the entire rear suspension to access the tank+lines, and I have a 4 post lift, not a 2 post so idk how I'd do the thing myself....and being 16 I don't have too much money, but enough to get shyt done. Still a tough decision....

Back