To not get ahead of myself..

Rsuave24

Reaction score
So I have been experiencing transmission problems all to frequently, I have had it rebuilt 3 times within the past 3 years (under warranty at an independent shop), but that warranty is just about up. So after this most recent rebuild I have to live with the fact that this is bound to happen again, or not.. so a friend happens to have an 2006 Acura Tl, that he is parting out completely..

seen here...
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/pts/3728661197.html

my knowledge is that these carry a J32a5, and is a DBW throttle system.. given that buying this car as a whole would carry many benefits..matching ECU Motor Tranny ETC, what is the main troubles or encounters that I may face when working with the DBW system, given that I would have this "almost" complete DONOR car?

I could care less that this is automatic since I know that Acura seemed to have resolved the whole tranny issue.. I hope..only gauging off my older sisters TL that is still running at 185k..

Any insight would be much appreciated, I know there is a search feature I use it all to regularly but nothing beats some direct criticism!

ey361995

Reaction score
Well my dad has an 05 TL and the tranny seems to still be experiencing 0 problems. I think they seriously stepped there game up (even if it was auto, I have no room to talk lol) Its got nearly 90k miles on it and That car passes through everything mechanically with flying colors.

Akingkhan

Reaction score
You should be good since your car is a v6 & auto just like your buddys car. I would say do it, get that heart transplant. You could always sell your existing motor & trans to help cover the cost
Try to sell your motor & transmission before you pull it out of your car that way u can show the buyer that it all works good

Mikey

Reaction score
You should have almost zero tranny issues. The effected were only 98-03 with a few leaking into the 04s.

Is everything otherwise a direct swap?

Pizzaman

Reaction score
You should have almost zero tranny issues. The effected were only 98-03 with a few leaking into the 04s.

Is everything otherwise a direct swap?

04 has major issues, in the TL. any google results on this swap? i haven't heard of anyone that has done it. you cant even swap an 04 TL with an 06 TL tranny, that would make me think this would have some issues...

Back