Top Speed and 0-60 1998 Accord V6

slowrider87

Reaction score
The only thing impressive in that video is the fact the car actually hit 140 and that the guy didn't die.

The things I see wrong with that video are as follows:

1. Itdone on a public highway with no regard for the possibility of other drivers
2. The guy had one hand on the wheel
3. The guy was using his other hand to hold his phone to record
4. It done during admitted inclimate weather
5. The stupid person driving the car
6. The comments below the video

Observe.

HenryS1986\ said:
i up shifted the gears my self, 2nd to 3rd to 4th.
so he was holding the wheel and recording with one hand, and he was shifting with the other. which is as safe as someone texting and eating eating a cheeseburger during rush-hour. However, the shifting part leads me to reason.

7. He was shifting an Auto like it was a manual. yes you can, but no you really shouldn't. guy= idiot

Anyways... now i continue on reason 6, the comments...

HenryS1986\ said:
lol, let me just say "I TOO HAD" my accord, sadly i sliped on an icey highway and wrecked my car beyond recodnizable.

i can only guess, given the video content, that he was once again driving too fast for the road conditions, resulting in an accident that could have been fatal to him or someone else, which leads right back to reason #1.

Either way, the point i'm making is that while this video may be proof of the vehicles capabilities. It is also proof that you are equally as stupid as the OP for supporting this endeavor to drive a car to it's top speed on public roadways. If the video had been on a track, filmed by a professional or camera on a proper mount, and the vehicle driven by a professional; then maybe this video would have a place in this thread. But it was none of teh afformentioned. So I, sarcastically, thank you for posting a video that stands for EVERYTHING that this forum is against.

Please leave now.

P.S. #8 The maker of the video is Illiterate.

Brad2274

Reaction score
this is why we cant have nice things... lol
my uncle who's a zone manager for honda said that before they released the 01, they were showing off the 01 coupe v6 at the track and also the 01 prelude, he said he got the accord to about 130mph(but he said it felt like it might have a little more) and the prelude went faster

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
Final Fantasy XIII-2 I presume? So far I'm disappointed with the whole time travel BS.

Come on man, you need to relax. You are like the big brother that bullies everyone. Lets all just quit trolling and be a family. Thanks!

nope, X because it's actually still a decent game.

ok so you know for a fact I was not relaxed? Did you see me going insane using cuss words and exclamation marks? You need to alter your definition of relaxed if you think I was going off the handle making fun of someone's math skills. Just because an air of noob bashing is brought to the table it hardly means I'm bullying anyone.

and frankly, just because I'm one of a few people who actually bothers to tell people off to end stupidity...(still doesn't equate to bullying), doesn't mean anyone like you needs to come along and be the morality police. I mean come on, get over yourself :lawl:

so not one single other person in the many pages of this thread has mocked another? Yeah, you're definitely blind. Go back and correct your error.

and you clearly didn't read the back and forth, all you saw was something you didn't want to because it had a hint of negativity to it and due to morality police mode kicking in and the fact you believed the entire thread had gone on long enough, you just couldn't wait to get your two cents in. You didn't see someone making fun of another for subtle failings. When you're able to distinguish the difference, and see what actual bullying is then I will allow you to maintain dignity saying that to someone.

quit kissing a$$ noob :lawl:

he only joined like 1-2 months apart from you...so you're basically the same noob as him :lawl:

heres a youtube link of someone hiting 140mph in a v6 6thgen
hopfully this settles it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx6TWi0rFPE

we're still waiting for the video where you went 130 you know

trololo

Last edited:

Mikey

Reaction score
I see you are in a 'special' kind of mood today, but I'll let it slide.

This thread isn't about me dealing with your case about how much better Canada is than the US, starting with healthcare.
He's not in a mood; he's from VA. Id be pissed off all the time, too. :lawl:

plus you would never get it to 130mph.
just, not gonna happen.
Been there, done that. Could not duplicate.

0-60 fine to do on any road where the speed limit is 60 or higher. Top speed CAN be done somewhere other than a track but really shouldnt be dont anywhere but a track. #obligatorysafetypost

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
well Northern VA is nothing but rich people and hot girls on campus, no problem with that :lawl:

and yeah it wouldn't be easy to do just out on the highway. I mean just to get it up to that speed isn't as simple as hitting the gas and not needing to judge how much distance you're going to have to travel. When you finally do get up to a speed like that you'll be like three aircraft runways away from where you started. You'd have to literally not have a single car on the road in your way for eons :lawl:

definitely not like in a Corvette Z06, where it would take a single aircraft runway

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
LOL at FF XIII-2. That sequel is to XIII what X-2 was to X. I swear Square-Enix hates money since they refuse to remake their old RPG's that were actually worth something, and strive toward putting out garbage.

X was okay I guess. But XIII sucked harder than Waterworld. Oh yes...it's possible.

Last edited:
Back