Totaled Accord$

ManyLivesToLive

Reaction score
I just got my insurance bill for the next 6 months and the price went up.

Anyway, I'm starting to wonder how much a totaled Accord is actually worth.

How much has anyone on here actually received from a wrecked 98 Accord?...I mean, I hope that I never get in another accident, but it would be nice to know what I could actually buy if I had the insurance money...

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
figure KBB price + 10-20%

that should get you in the ballpark...most likely less than $6k for a 98...

ManyLivesToLive

Reaction score
Which KBB pricing? They have Retail/Trade-In/etc.

I never could figure out how the insurance companies pulled these numbers out of their @$$'s...

Thanks!

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
probably "good" shape (depending on previous claims/accidents), and i would guess "private party sale" or whatever its called.

just a guess though...

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Say you wreck it.

Front clip - $1500
Bags - $225/ea
Windshiled - $200
Then shop time for tear down, repair, paint, car rental for you, etc.

The insurance company has to mark up those prices of the parts they buy from the junkyard or wherever which is usually about 25-30% depending on the company.

So that front clip, air bags, and windshield are now around - $3000 - and they haven't even thrown in for paint time or diagnostics or car rental yet.

Thats how you total a car.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Doubt it will help your case, but my passenger side was hit last week, it got quoted at $7000.

Really depends on how bad the damage is really. Greg's quotes are pretty accurate, so that should help you out.

cajun

Reaction score
That shyte adds up quick. A friend was recently in a low speed collision in her 08 Accord. Her fault - she ran into an old truck. The other driver looked at the paint scraped on his bumper and then just drove off. No airbags deployed and it didn't look like much of a hit. $5,000 to fix her car and they used some salvage parts.

SilverAggie

Reaction score
From experience... my car was $200 away from being totaled about a month ago. The bill was 2,874.38 from the shop. The girl's insurance fixed it. I have a 99 EX V6 with two door dings and everything else flawless. It gets a wash almost every week, carpet shampoo on the reg, and two coats of wax a year so you have an idea of condition. That's prolly the most you would get for our model accord.

Back