Tow Hook Install

imaricer:)

Reaction score
we already have perfectly good tow hooks built on to our cars front and back.

these are just for looks

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Theyre made for cars that are raced on tracks that otherwise are way too low to tow from the factory points. Putting these on a road car just looks funny, but hey, its your car. I was just saying these arent jdm.

BkzTafetta

Reaction score
never seen a front tow hook on a accord...the rear look good but it gotta be setup nicely they dont really go with just any style....like 22s and a tow hook...no no lol...

nyckidd

Reaction score
im mad everyone going hard on some small *** tow hooks lol, if u like it buy it and put it on, if u dont buy something else, its your money case closed, its u that gotta like it in the long run, fcuk what other ppl think

F23TypeR

Reaction score
lol ^ agreed. You build a car for yourself, not other people

Last edited:

mr. smith

Reaction score
I can think of a few times I actually wish I had some myself and may get a front one. one time i ended up stuck in the mud becasue we have poor drainage where i live and the factory tow hook was not an option. another time we had a really bad ice storm and i had to be towed and i used the factory tow hook and thats how i broke my first lip. In my experience the factory tow hooks are not very convieniently placed.so i dont think its a bad idea to have one. knowing me, im gonna use it lol

nsjames

Reaction score
I can think of a few times I actually wish I had some myself and may get a front one. one time i ended up stuck in the mud becasue we have poor drainage where i live and the factory tow hook was not an option. another time we had a really bad ice storm and i had to be towed and i used the factory tow hook and thats how i broke my first lip. In my experience the factory tow hooks are not very convieniently placed.so i dont think its a bad idea to have one. knowing me, im gonna use it lol

had you simply attached a tow hook by drilling a few holes in the sheetmetal you would have torn it off anyway tugging your car to get it out of the mud. Sheetmetal with no backing/tie in to the unibody is not a suitable recovery point.

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
had you simply attached a tow hook by drilling a few holes in the sheetmetal you would have torn it off anyway tugging your car to get it out of the mud. Sheetmetal with no backing/tie in to the unibody is not a suitable recovery point.

if you read the thread you would see that people are talking about mounting to the crash bar behind the front bumper...not sheetmetal alone.

Back