tranny fluid flow, 2000 Accord V-6

Clevor

Reaction score
I plan to install a Magnefine filter. Looking down at the trans from under the hood, there are two horizontal, parallel lines coming out the tranny. The bottom line goes into the radiator and I presume is the exit line from the tranny, correct? In other words, fluid flow is counterclockwise through these lines?

I would think this is the best place to install the filter, as you want the hot oil filtered for better efficiency. Plus it's easy to change the filter as it's just behind the right radiator fan.

001Stunna

Reaction score
You want the filter installed on the return line...and please use proper clamps on the hoses(ie. fuel injecton clamps)

That said, car makers that were using the filter as an oem product on reman trannys stopped doing so after finding out that the number of leaks from customers increased(at the filter inlet/outlet) and filters were having defective bypass valves

Last edited:

Clevor

Reaction score
Somebody said that on a used car, the filter should be installed after the stock cooler in the radiator, in case there is junk inside there. In my case, that means I will have to remove the battery tray.

I believe the majority of Magnefine failures are due to cheap Chinese knock offs. It's best to buy directly from Magnefine and be sure it states 'Made in Australia'.

DavesRide

Reaction score
Yes, if it's a used car install the Magnefine in the return line to catch dirt that's dislodged from the cooler before it enters the transmission.

If it's a fairly new car (or if a fairly new radiator), install on the supply line to catch dirt before it becomes lodged in the cooler.

Dave

Back