tranny oil and or change it?>

D-Ramey

Reaction score
i have a 1999 accord v6 with 205k miles the tranny shifts fairly well with no issues besides the mornings when its called other then that it shifts strong i wanted to no should i change the fluid alot of people say when you change high mile trannys that when i mess up is this true and what fluid do i use if i should?

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hard shifts on cold mornings is typical, for any automatic. If you're unsure of the last time it was changed I would go ahead and change it then.

Honda Dw-1

D-Ramey

Reaction score
Hard shifts on cold mornings is typical, for any automatic. If you're unsure of the last time it was changed I would go ahead and change it then.

Honda Dw-1
so you think its fine to change with that many miles? alot people seem to believe it messes them up lol?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Sounds like yours isn't experiencing any issues, nothing wrong with changing the fluid. Just make sure you use the correct amount.

Please search next time.

D-Ramey

Reaction score
Sounds like yours isn't experiencing any issues, nothing wrong with changing the fluid. Just make sure you use the correct amount.

Please search next time.

ive done tons of research and get mixed answers about changing a high mile tranny figured hondas were lil diff lol

Clevor

Reaction score
On another forum I was told that it's OK to change the fluid, but don't do a flush, e.g., change fluid 3X after driving around each time. Supposedly that loosens up stuff on the clutch packs and may cause slippage.

I have 155,000 miles on mine and am in the same situation. Maybe you should try it first and let me know :action-smiley-042:.

D-Ramey

Reaction score
On another forum I was told that it's OK to change the fluid, but don't do a flush, e.g., change fluid 3X after driving around each time. Supposedly that loosens up stuff on the clutch packs and may cause slippage.

I have 155,000 miles on mine and am in the same situation. Maybe you should try it first and let me know :action-smiley-042:.

lol ill let you go first hahah:signs1:

Back