Tranny Problem, Car is Bucking when switching into gear

newjacksm

Reaction score
Title says it all I have a 98 Accord LX 2.3L 143k Miles I was driving filled up my car with gas and after 20 min after I leave the gasstation it started bucking/jolting as if i was on a bull when it was switching gears. the car has been good to me, I dont remember the last time I got a the tranny fluid changed...

I am really scared because I dont have the money for this right now..... Any ideas/help?

white beauty

Reaction score
yeah thats the same **** my car was doing, ended up having to get a new tranny, im not trying to worry you but just start preparing i guess for that tranny to go, do the tranny oil change and see if that helps, good luck man

newjacksm

Reaction score
do you know anyplaces I can look online for cheap transmissions? I am going to look at the junkyards to see if there are any accords there that I can snatch the transmissions.

newjacksm

Reaction score
Every Junkyard I called its in the 800-1000 dollars...Yeah I am bringing it to a mechanic this weekend... But I am pretty sure its the tranny......

mxjoe388

Reaction score
if its auto and u can get someone to take 3rd gear out ofd yours and put it in mine u can have it for 200 if u go to ge a new one its gunna run u a grand

newjacksm

Reaction score
yeah i saw your post, i gotta see what the mechanic says first ill get back too you soon.

white beauty

Reaction score
dude, dont go buying a new tranny of u dont need one, get the oil changed, since you said you havent done it in a while, and go from there

newjacksm

Reaction score
Update:

Just got the car back from the mechanic he said the oxygen censor/vtech was bad it was running fine when the Check Engine light was off and when it came on the car started bucking inbetween gears he checked with the computer what was wrong and the it came up that something was wrong with the Vtech.

So I got that replaced

I also asked him to change the Transmission fluid and he did that he said the transmission fluid was burnt and black he doesnt think my transmission has that long to go, but the transmission isnt really slipping like I thought it was the Transmission is actually ( I feel a big big biggg Difference) changing gears helll of a lot better then it ever did since I have had the car the pass 2 years.

Any thoughts on the Transmission Analysis / This whole thing?

Thanks
Everything came out to about 325.:bash:
-Greg

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
if its auto and u can get someone to take 3rd gear out ofd yours and put it in mine u can have it for 200 if u go to ge a new one its gunna run u a grand

There is no "3rd" gear. Its clutch packs. Get it rebuilt, its the exact same thing as what your asking.

Back