Tranny Probs!!help!!

TheExxonKid

Reaction score
OK, so I was heading into work this afternoon, and I whipped into the gas station, which was all out, so I pulled right back out and to a light, where I noticed my TCS light was on. Tried to hit the button and turn it off, which it would not, when I realized that my gear selector indicator was flashing at me in D4. Put it in park, and it still was flashing. Then realized that my trans check light was on. Any ideas on whats happening to my car????? I called Clear lake honda and they want 100 bucks to run a diagnostics check on it. If its the tranny like alot of people are having problems with, and its under warranty they will change it, but if not its all on me. someone please gimme some help here.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
ur tranny is goin bye-bye. to regain a limited amt of driving, pull the ecu fuse for 5 minutes. then put it back and it should go away temp.

TheExxonKid

Reaction score
Ya I gotta take it to the dealership on Tues after I am done working for a couple days, and let them run the diag since I can't find anyone around that can do a trans check light. Alot of people are sayin that they are getting them replaced free, hope mine is the same case. If not, adios honda.

Roadrage

Reaction score
The same thing happend to me 2 years ago..if it wasnt replaced yet (the tranny) then yes the dealership will pick up all the costs for the parts and labor.

TheExxonKid

Reaction score
sounds good to me. didn't wanna have to sell my honda yet. maybe one of these days I will get around to taking pics of it.

TheExxonKid

Reaction score
OK!! I dropped it off at the dealership yesterday morning, and they called me back around 1PM saying that it was a pre-mature life of the transmission and they are replacing it all for free!!!!SOOOO, they gave me a loaner of an element. It is ugly as hell, but can't complain, its free too!! Pics to come later.

TheExxonKid

Reaction score
Well here it is in all of its glory!
element.jpg

steadypimpin

Reaction score
how many miles is the warranty that you got? Does the cars mileage have to be under a certain amount or does it not matter?

TheExxonKid

Reaction score
mine was a 10yr 100K mile warranty. Supposedly alot of these are happening and honda knows about it. They called yesterday, they got my new tranny in, started to replace it, and found 2 broken motor mounts. At least thats all I am having to pay for.

Latest posts

Back