Trans Tune?

metrick1235

Reaction score
Seafoam Trans Tune? Has anyone used it before, I seafoam my car and i do notice a small improvement, but from what i have read a lot of people use this in there transmission.. and see alot of improvements with slippage. I did a search on here and most of the post are "i wouldn't put that in my Autotragic" but im more interested in if people that have used it and interested if there are any good results with people using it on our cars.

Tiggu

Reaction score
used it once didnt notice anything , I also used lucas atf which is meh, my trans still slips with those, i drained my atf and filled it up with some redline D4 atf, car stopped slipping now, highly recommend redline fluids

jwong512

Reaction score
I haven't heard anything beneficial about those products. I hear they do little to almost nothing. I would just drain and fill your tranny fluid every 10-15k with the new Honda DW-1 ATF. It's a full synthetic and has a much higher heat tolerance than Z1. It's slightly thinner so during cold starts, you will notice harsher shifts but once the car is warmed up, it shifts quicker and smoother than when it was on Z1. I already did 1 drain and fill on it and I'm about to do another. Trying to get as much Z1 out as possible.

Tiggu

Reaction score
Dw1 is not full syn according to the folks at bobistheoilguy.com

plus its flashpoint is not much higher than the Z1 formula so meh, redline D4 or amsoil atf is much better for managing heat which is the #1 killer for our trans. If those 2 are too expensive try maxlife atf which is full syn.

Back