Transmission advice please help

Cricket98

Reaction score
My tranny went out of course..so I need u guys help in figuring out what type of transmission I can get
Before u guys answer I'm on a $1200 limit and I'm sticking to my stock 2.3l motor for right now and my car is a 98 accord lx auto..I jus want to weigh my options so any advice would be awesome
Yes I have considered a 5spd swap but I couldn't come up with an extra grand so that's out
For the record I have used the search option but didn't find what I was looking for..if u no of any forums please let me no

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
My tranny went out of course..so I need u guys help in figuring out what type of transmission I can get
Before u guys answer I'm on a $1200 limit and I'm sticking to my stock 2.3l motor for right now and my car is a 98 accord lx auto..I jus want to weigh my options so any advice would be awesome
Yes I have considered a 5spd swap but I couldn't come up with an extra grand so that's out
For the record I have used the search option but didn't find what I was looking for..if u no of any forums please let me no

You could probably find a shop to do the swap for the same price if not less than doing a rebuilt automatic. Some places overcharge, I was quoted like 2 g's for the auto. Went 5 speed for a little less than $1,700.

Cricket98

Reaction score
I stay in atlanta and I've been trying to find someone to do it at a good price and some cheap parts but I haven't had any luck..one guy quoted me 600 for labor only but it seemed a little low and I don't want a cheap job to be done since this is my only car..does the price seem right to u?

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I stay in atlanta and I've been trying to find someone to do it at a good price and some cheap parts but I haven't had any luck..one guy quoted me 600 for labor only but it seemed a little low and I don't want a cheap job to be done since this is my only car..does the price seem right to u?

Make sure the guy has done it before, atleast on another honda.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
He says he has but people lie..where did u get ur swap parts from?

I let the shop source the parts, after I gave the go ahead. He ordered them. If I did the swap myself, it could have been less than 1 grand.

Back