Trouble changing brakes.

1998Accord

Reaction score
ok so I have the calipers off and already put in the new brakes but the caliper wont go back in because the new brakes are thicker and the thing between the caliper wont move and my C clamp wont move it in. is there so other way it moves

SickCeeGeeSix

Reaction score
ok so I have the calipers off and already put in the new brakes but the caliper wont go back in because the new brakes are thicker and the thing between the caliper wont move and my C clamp wont move it in. is there so other way it moves

Get a piece of Wood and a Rubber hammer and hit it in! thats how i did it

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
rear or front calipers? for the rear, u need to twist the piston as u push it in

Fuzz

Reaction score
The rear twists... use a screw-driver or pry bar. The front should just push in. If it doesn't you got problems.

Remember to take the top off of your brake master.

tunedaccord

Reaction score

if the front dont move you got a bad caliper that needs to be replace. if you do replace it make sure you bleed the brakes real good so get a buddy to help you out

Back