Trunk Issues

Pudge49902

Reaction score
Hey 6GA,
Recently its been cold here in NYC and i went to open my trunk using the latch that is inside the car and apparently the wire that connects the lever to the trunk latch is broken...any ideas in how to fix this???

ponglynn777

Reaction score
well. thats bad. i think u need to consider to buy a new one from a dealer, if ur lucky enough to find a used/surplus much better n cheaper. goodluck!

001Stunna

Reaction score
Mine first started with the spring on the latch breaking...then the fuel door line breaking. Luckily it had ripped right at the begining where the inside latch is so it just took some creativity to fix.

You first gotta find out where its broken then decide if you want to patch it...or fully replace it.

Jimsun

Reaction score
Hey i don't want to steal your post, but my buddy is experiencing some issue and he's 3/4 of a tank left :(

This is what i found when i removed the latch (picture below)

So the left part is the thing that connects to the lever(?)

Anyways, could i possible buy something from home depot (or the likes) and just re connect the wires together? In addition, should i connect it so it's the same distance or by altering the length of the wire mess up how the trunk/gas door open

59963301.png

Pudge49902

Reaction score
as u see from the 2 pics the wire is snapped...the little hammer looking thing is still attached to the lever but i have no clue to fix it....putting that wire back has to be a b*tch....

Back