trying to find something on LSD install

cantafordaccord

Reaction score
I am looking for a set of instructions on how to install an lsd or just a diff in the f23 tranny. I have had no luck as of yet finding any/enough info on the subject.

my haynes manual says to take the transmission to a shop that specializes in transmissions. what a crock :boo:

any help is greatly appreciated

Steverino

Reaction score
http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2443459
http://www.xm-parts.com/articles/hgear/gear.htm

B series LSD install. The F-series is similar with the following main differences:
* Shift change assembly is external and will need to be disassembled prior to starting anything
* You're going to keep the tapered roller bearings instead, but good luck removing them from the OEM diff without a press and a puller. I just bought new ones.

Also good luck trying to set the carrier bearing preload. The tool Honda sells doesn't work on closed diffs like a limited slip unit and you can't use the shim method because they're not enclosed ball-type bearings. If you don't shim it properly, your bearings will prematurely fail.

cantafordaccord

Reaction score
thanks but I really want some transmission specific information if its available. I have the engine and transmission out of the car, a new flywheel, stage 3 clutch, lsd and deciding on what to add besides new bearings. so I am pretty serious about this LOL.

I know a few guys on this forum have an lsd in there f23 transmission so there must be some information that can be used safely

Accord_V6_400m

Reaction score
You put it in your mouth and leave it on your tongue for a... wait.. I mean... you have a qualified mechanic do it :hide:

Look at the above google ads :D

Steverino

Reaction score
thanks but I really want some transmission specific information if its available. I have the engine and transmission out of the car, a new flywheel, stage 3 clutch, lsd and deciding on what to add besides new bearings. so I am pretty serious about this LOL.

I know a few guys on this forum have an lsd in there f23 transmission so there must be some information that can be used safely

Suck it up and spend $40 for a Honda service manual. It has everything you need to know. Minus the preload adjustment part, that you can't find in the manual.

cantafordaccord

Reaction score
Suck it up and spend $40 for a Honda service manual. It has everything you need to know. Minus the preload adjustment part, that you can't find in the manual.

dang I wasn't aware that honda sells there service manual to regular people I am going to give my friend at honda a call now and see what he says

cantafordaccord

Reaction score
well I got my lame expected answer from honda it was go to helm inc .com

I looked up transmission manual and they only have how to inspect a clutch for $60 yep pretty lame over a g in tranny parts and no info..

may as well take the rest of my car apart and pile the whole thing up outside and forget about the whole car forever at this point. this town sucks asssssss no qualified anything/body.

cantafordaccord

Reaction score
the carrier bearing preload has anyone used maybe a h22 sh tool? does one exist or maybe an aftermarket one that would work?

steverino I assume you have installed an lsd into your tranny??

Drift

Reaction score
Disassembly:

page1.jpg

page1a.jpg

page1b.jpg

page1c.jpg

page1d.jpg

page1e.jpg

page1f.jpg

page1g.jpg

page2.jpg