turbo accord

ninjacord

Reaction score
Whats up guys, i picked up my second 6gn coupe the other day. The car has a turbonetics turbo(not sure what size yet) with out any tune whatsoever. She runs like crap. Haha i bought the car with the intention of running it untill she blows then sourcing a moter. I could use all the advice i could get. Thoughts? Comments? Anything and everything can help

metrick1235

Reaction score
so are you asking what to tune or are you saying you just want to run it till it blows as it is.. i mean if your planning on blowing it..rev it to 6000RPM and drop it and then run it in first gear at redline for a few miles.. lmao.. but seriously check out some of the tuning stuff in the Engine and trans mods section... there are a few people here that have turboed...

Pizzaman

Reaction score
just tune it and run it til it blows it could surprise you how long it will last. what ecu are you on? any piggyback tuner?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Uhhh yikes. Hope you didn't spend more than $50 haha.

Welcome to the site.

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
Get it tuned by a reputable shop, but first get it inspected cause I'm assuming the obvious that you don't know the history of this car or the previous owner. Hope all it need is a ecu to make her run/idle correctly. GL

ninjacord

Reaction score
Paid 1200 for the car. Including a new axle(still in the box unopened) and two extra full size rims. And yea its the 4 banger. Before my last accord was stolen i was thinking about doing a euro r engine swap. My goal upon buying this was to run the car as is untill it craps out then drop in the euro r engine.

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
$1200 sounds like a great deal for the car! Even if you end up blowing and replacing the motor, in my opinion it would probably still be worth it

ninjacord

Reaction score
So an update on the cars situation.. found that its running an ecu from a 93-97 civic. And its currently having a charging issue. It seems that the more i get into the car the more i find. The kid who sold it to me had no idea what he had. He told me everything was stock, save for the turbo. Haha not true. Its been a couple weeks and it was just one problem after another. But finally caught a break. My first 6gen accord was stolen and crashed about 2 years ago. I recoverd the car but it was deemed a total loss. I called the yard that had taken the car and its still there and hasnt been touched since the accident. Im having it towed to my house and im going to strip it. At least now i hav a parts car to use. Will make this build much easier.

Back