Turboaccord98's Turbo Build(Done! 8/28/11)

turboaccord98

Reaction score
As some of you know I removed my turbo kit last spring and over the summer, I've decided to give boost another try. I previously had the Turbo Specialties Kit which is a terrible kit. The turbo was way too small, it came with a worthless FMU, and overall the quality of certain things were just sub-par. So I took my mistakes and learned from them the expensive way. My new turbo set-up is much more thought out and 10 times better.

Also, I'd like to add that I am a college student so funds are not as plentiful as we would all hope. My goal is to be boosted again by the end of this summer. On the stock internals I'm shooting for 250 to the wheels. My ultimate goal is 300 to 350 WHP once I have enough $ to build the block but for now this is it. With that said, enjoy.

Parts List:
-Precision 5431B turbo with T3 flange
-OEM head gasket
-Bisimoto heat shielding intake manifold gasket
-Chipped P28(will be tuned by Speed Factory on Chrome)
-Obd2 to Obd1 conversion harness
-Precision 680cc injectors
-STR cast T3 turbo manifold
-Custom Speed Factory 3" turbo back exhaust with Magnaflow 14835 muffler
-Precision 39mm wastegate
-Walbro 255LPH fuel pump
-ARP head studs
-Turbo specialties intercooler and intercooler piping
-Turbo specialties BOV

Update: July 30

Got my new F23 from the junk yard the other day with 97k on it(my motor had 130k and was burning oil). The ARP headstuds and timing belt and water pump went in yesterday and the new motor is installed but still naturally aspirated. I have to do my emissions test before I can put all the turbo stuff on but I have everything now.

Mock up on the new motor(cell phone pic)
0728111419.jpg

Car is done! 8/28/11[/COLOR]

On the Dyno at Speed Factory being tuned.
DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

Shot of the down pipe and wastegate dump tube
DSC_0009_2.jpg

DSC_0008_2.jpg

Put down 252 whp and 256 lb-ft of torque at 9 PSI!
DSC_0012_2.jpg

Overall impressions: This thing is a beast now! Compared to the puny GT2560R that I used to have this turbo pulls so much harder. I will say that I'm not too happy about the turbo lag though. If you look at my Dyno graph you can see it doesn't build full boost until very late.

My future plans for now are Mishimoto radiator, oil catch can with stainless braided lines, and later on down the road an H23 transaxle to improve my power band with the shorter gearing, I also plan to put an M-Factory LSD in it.

Last edited:

akoutmos

Reaction score
Re: Turboaccord98's Turbo Build

Lookin real nice. Def a good idea to ditch the TSI kit. It seriously is garbage. Got the same thing here, except i replaced pretty much everything but the piping, turbo and manifold. Back in 06 there wasn't much around :(. Seems like everyone be turboin lately :D Lookin forward to the build.

hahaha38

Reaction score

Turbo looks nice. Is it dual bb? I'm looking for a pte6262 myself. Good luck on the new build.

turboaccord98

Reaction score

It's actually a journal bearing. It's one of Precisions entry level turbos but my tuner said it's more than enough to meet my power goals plus it was a great deal. It was $650 with tax.

My original plan was to get a Garrett 3071r but my tuner(Speed Factory) convinced me to go with a Precision and it turned out to be half the price of the Garrett.

Speed Factory has years of racing experience with the Precision turbos. They have an 1100 horsepower 8 second EG and a 9 second d16 single cam EG just to name a few. This is why I took their advice.

hotaccord243

Reaction score

Precision turbos are a great choice... for any application, they have all options and are proven, (as well as garrett and many others).

Looking forward to see the progress!

Back