turboing a high milage car?

619rcr

Reaction score
since when are f23 rods weak?

Have you seen how thin they are?

Sorry, but I have forged rods. I wouldn't use stock rods on a turbo.

Not to poke fun, but your bio says "19 year old savin money to go to mechanics school" I am a certified ASE mechanic with a degree in automotive technology

Last edited:

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
they're forged from honda. yes a little thin but forged non the less. I've been running them in my boosted f23 for two years now issue free. the ring lands are the weak links in our motors.

Last edited:

619rcr

Reaction score
they forged from honda. yes a little thin but forged non the less. I've been running them in my boosted f23 for two years now issue free. the ring lands are the weak links in our motors.

Well lucky you. I don't trust oem rods.

I have seen several rods thru blocks and they were all on stock bottom ends. There is a reason why forged rods are made.

Since when are F23 rods forged?

Last edited:

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score

I have seen several rods thru blocks and they were all on stock bottom ends. There is a reason why forged rods are made.

Since always :lawl:

I would only trust them to a point though.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score

since 1998. :lawl:

Since always :lawl:

I would only trust them to a point though.

oh I agree. but with a good tune they're fine till at least 350 which is more then most bossted guys on here make. Which is way I didn't feel the need to spend another $700 since my power goal is to just break 300wtq on this setup.

Snoobly

Reaction score
Yeah, the F23 bottom end is pretty solid from what I've seen. The motor overall is pretty damn tough if you're not pushing more than 325-350.

619rcr

Reaction score
Well, I guess I learned something. Maybe I won't take my F23 to the scrap metal yard. I'll part it out first.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ugh...so much fail in this thread....

The F23 has weak ringlands, they weren't designed for boost and they'll crack or have excessive blow by. The auto trans will blow long before the engine does.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
Ugh...so much fail in this thread....

The F23 has weak ringlands, they weren't designed for boost and they'll crack or have excessive blow by. The auto trans will blow long before the engine does.

tht's what i said waaaaaaaay back in this thread :lawl:

Back