turboing my daily driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

mass_accord99

Reaction score
i wanna turbo my f23 vtec dd i know what i need to get i wanna do as much as i can without needing forged pistons and rods which i plan on doing in the future, also keeping it a f23 no g23 or h22 swaps for me sohc for me, but what would be a good turbo and psi combo for a dd that can take on mustang gts and civics :andy:

AccordFlex

Reaction score
if you dont know what good companies/brands are or what all you need before forged internals then you havent done enough reading and probably shouldnt turbo anything until you do so.

9450erick

Reaction score
best advice i was given was search...search...and search some more
you can go with a t3/t4 from turbonetics
i would say no more than 10psi, our motor can probably handle up to 14 but that pushin it. russianred just blew his ringlands @ 11 psi but he doesnt know if it was the tuners fault or just the motor.
look up russianreds thread, he was turboed for a long time on stock internals
also erik123456789 thread can help you as well. there are a lot of ppl that are on stock internals that are boosted. Aukmos & 1nonlyaccord are also boosted on stock
search a little bit and you will find some amazing info. i am currently doing a turbo build check it out http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31912

NashvegasCG

Reaction score
I think 10psi is probably the max, unfortunetely if your just trying to boost stock internals, you are not the first person who will be disappointed with the eventual outcome.

Tphong

Reaction score
I agree with Nash. I think I remember watching a video that had a turboed accord with stock internals and a slipping auto tranny on a dyno. It was just pushing 200 hp I believe, I don't know what psi or what turbo, but that's just 50 hp gain which is weak IMO might as well get a v6. You might as well keep saving up for all the parts and such and do it all in one go. I don't think you'll be beating much with stock internals.

mass_accord99

Reaction score
lol I plan on doing what 9450erik is doing and buying a junkyard f23 and building it but I got a 5speed I don't like autos no offence but I think 10psi would be a good safezone for me thanks, what are u useing for an intercooler and pipeing

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
this is the one time i wish honduh was still around..... so much useful information on that site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back