Two issues, idle and transmission

Fastymz

Reaction score
I have only had my accord for about 200 miles now. It's a 99 with 193000 miles. Its a manual trans and it was always hard to get into first gear. And today its hard to get into or out of any gear. It got stuck in 2nd gear once and 4th once?

Also it just started to have a rough idle but only once warmed up. The car shakes a little and idle drops too.

Thanks

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score
Could be the clutch the reason it gets stuck or check shift linkage cord; loose, worn out.as far as idle did it happen simuntaniosly with gears getting stuck? What does it actually do? Up and down, once put in gear drops to almost shut off, revs high? Could be a lot of things. But I have a feeling your clutch is done

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
Remove the shift boot and examine the linkage for metal debris/fragments. I had a similar issue once before turn out I had to replace it after it snapped on me in the middle of rush hour traffic. Also, if you haven't yet, change the mtf in the trans, it will help to add clean fluids.

KombatVirus

Reaction score
I think it is your throw-out bearing, so basically you need a clutch job, might as well replace it while you are in there

Fastymz

Reaction score
Idle issue, the idle just goes lower then normal maybe 200 rpm or so.Car shakes a little and idle rough never dies and doesnt bounce just a steady low idle. But it only does this once warm.

Fastymz

Reaction score
Shifting issue: Some times it goes and out gears as normal. Other times it gets semi stuck in a gear for moment and then it'll shift ,never pops out of gear. It has always had an issue going into first gear. but now its all or any gears but just once in a while

Fastymz

Reaction score
Update, the trans is leaking really bad not sure from where yet. I'm now down to just having 2nd and 4th gear and reverse. No first 3rd or 5th. I got some honda mt fluid to refill it once I find the leak. Hoping it'll work better with new fluid but not likely.

Back