UGh

Cameron_H

Reaction score
So my car has the wonderful swirl marks, is there ANYTHING I can do to get rid of them?

A certain wax, anything?

I took my car to a "detailer" and he didn't do **** to it. He says my clearcoat is coming off.

I'm pretty much willing to pay any reasonable price.

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
well if you clearcoat is coming off....your paint is gone...

swirls can be fixed...by basically rubbing the clear coat down and polishing the swirls out(with the right tools and knowhow)...but if your clearcoat is failed...it's too far to bring back....

Cameron_H

Reaction score
well if you clearcoat is coming off....your paint is gone...

swirls can be fixed...by basically rubbing the clear coat down and polishing the swirls out(with the right tools and knowhow)...but if your clearcoat is failed...it's too far to bring back....

I don't know what the problem is I've NEVER had my car buffed before. I've only waxed it myself.

Cameron_H

Reaction score
Post pictures of the problem area(s), that would be the best way for me to try and help you. As for swirl removal, check this thread I made on how to do it on a budget:

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14345

It doesn't go into too much detail, but I explained the general idea, it's fairly self explanatory.

IMG_3489.jpg

The hood is the worst part but only because it has paint chips. I'm thinking about getting a carbon fiber hood so that will take care of that problem.

Oh and we have the EXACT same car.

Raymond

Reaction score
Dude, that's a close-up of your window trim/pinstripe... doesn't show me the paint really. But along the top there I can see where it appears faded. Could just be oxidation that can be removed by buffing, could be the clear coat failing - hard to tell via the picture.

Oh, and you can skip the polish step in that how-to of mine. I've quit using it all together... both ScratchX and ColorX have a bit of a polishing effect to them and I can't tell a difference when I use the polish on the car's I've detailed. Plus that particular (Meguiars Deep Crystal) polish is quite hard to remove once it's on the paint.

Lately my details go as follows:

wash/dry
clay
ScratchX (or ColorX, depending on the paint's condition) via the 2500rpm buffer
Wax
quick re-wash/dry (just to get the left-over residue off the car)

It's very time consuming, I'd dedicate a good 4-6 hours for your Accord, but it's worth it in the end.

Cameron_H

Reaction score
Dude, that's a close-up of your window trim/pinstripe... doesn't show me the paint really. But along the top there I can see where it appears faded. Could just be oxidation that can be removed by buffing, could be the clear coat failing - hard to tell via the picture.

Oh, and you can skip the polish step in that how-to of mine. I've quit using it all together... both ScratchX and ColorX have a bit of a polishing effect to them and I can't tell a difference when I use the polish on the car's I've detailed. Plus that particular (Meguiars Deep Crystal) polish is quite hard to remove once it's on the paint.

Lately my details go as follows:

wash/dry
clay
ScratchX (or ColorX, depending on the paint's condition) via the 2500rpm buffer
Wax
quick re-wash/dry (just to get the left-over residue off the car)

It's very time consuming, I'd dedicate a good 4-6 hours for your Accord, but it's worth it in the end.

If you look to the right of where the flash is on the paint you can see where the paint is coming off.

But Im def. dedicating Saturday to the accord!

Back