Ultra Racing lower 4-point brace & Cusco lower Tie bar installed on CG2(01 Accord)

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Re: Ultra Racing lower 4-point brace & Cusco lower Tie bar installed on CG2(01 Accord

Michael,

I have been keeping an eye on all the braces on ebay, I am hoping to pick them up over the next few months, as I have some plans for the car while it sits for the winter.

I would get the fender braces and give it a try, but those would probably be the last pieces I would get.

For the brace behind the rear seat, it looks like it would fit the 6GA sedan or Coupe, have you looked in to that at all?

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
Re: Ultra Racing lower 4-point brace & Cusco lower Tie bar installed on CG2(01 Accord

Michael,

I have been keeping an eye on all the braces on ebay, I am hoping to pick them up over the next few months, as I have some plans for the car while it sits for the winter.

I would get the fender braces and give it a try, but those would probably be the last pieces I would get.

For the brace behind the rear seat, it looks like it would fit the 6GA sedan or Coupe, have you looked in to that at all?

If you are referring to the REAR UPPER strut brace, yes I have cheked that out from pics alone. I'm 99.99% positive that would fit based on comparing pictures alone. However, I personally think there would be little to no benefit from this rear strut brace.. so I have not pursued this any further. However, i could grab this one and try it since you are so willing to try the other pieces.

Thank you for being a test fitter. I hope this works out. After work today, I am going to send you a PM and pics so we can work together on this.

:eusa_doh:
At this point in time, I need to replace my Roof and probably some or all of the decking. So, I am about to be set back and strapped for cash for a while. If I didn't have this expense I would have already picked up the Fender Braces and tried them.

SykVSyx

Reaction score

If you are referring to the REAR UPPER strut brace, yes I have cheked that out from pics alone. I'm 99.99% positive that would fit based on comparing pictures alone. However, I personally think there would be little to no benefit from this rear strut brace.. so I have not pursued this any further. However, i could grab this one and try it since you are so willing to try the other pieces.

Thank you for being a test fitter. I hope this works out. After work today, I am going to send you a PM and pics so we can work together on this.

:eusa_doh:
At this point in time, I need to replace my Roof and probably some or all of the decking. So, I am about to be set back and strapped for cash for a while. If I didn't have this expense I would have already picked up the Fender Braces and tried them.

Yes, the rear upper strut brace, I wouldn't mind trying it(it's not really an overly pricey piece), although the performance gains from it are probably minimal as you said. I assume it is supposed to minimize body flex?

I am hoping I can get all the pieces together as well, as I said, mine progress will be slow as well, with a more pressing project at hand, but I definately am willing to get the parts. The only pieces I am not bothering with are the front strut bar/sway bar and rear sway bar.

OldNo7_CG2

Reaction score

I could definitely see this helping out with body roll and keeping the car planted.

just cant be slammed or your gonna do some major damage

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score

yo mike... same screen name on here as accordtuner... sweet, now i know :)

Pharell

Reaction score

Hey here is a question. Does the CL7 front fender braces have a better chance of fitting the our 6thgen? any one find out if any fender braces work?

SykVSyx

Reaction score

Hey here is a question. Does the CL7 front fender braces have a better chance of fitting the our 6thgen? any one find out if any fender braces work?

I plan on getting them, but that won't be until the new year. Not sure that anyone has plans to try and, but Michael and I have been discussing the various braces to see what will be a direct fit, and what may require some work.

This thread will be updated as we get the parts and get them fitted.

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score

judging by the pictures = NO.

The door hinge on the 7th gen Accord/Ultra Racing brace mounts are completely different versus our 6th gen.

Either way, one of us will attempt to fit the Fender Braces for the CF4/CL1 onto the 6th gen........stay tuned.

SykVSyx

Reaction score

Hey Michael,

I was looking in the the front 4-point brace, and I noticed there is one for the CG and one for the CF, main differences seems to be two additional bars added for strength, I guess.

Would it matter which one was used for our cars?

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score

Hey Michael,

I was looking in the the front 4-point brace, and I noticed there is one for the CG and one for the CF, main differences seems to be two additional bars added for strength, I guess.

Would it matter which one was used for our cars?

CF4/CL1 front lower 4 point will not fit the CG sub frame. The front sub-frames are different.

The 2 addt'l bars on the CG4 front lower point that you mention are "triangulated" ----- for strength/integrity of the brace itself. The same principle of triangulation is also applied to Roll bars/cages.

Back