Unable to take off "wishbone" bolt

redlinevtec

Reaction score
Place a jack underneath, and jack until there isn't stress on the bolt, then wiggle it out while using a screw driver on the other side if the threads are already out. Depending on which side your talking about, make sure the nut is off on the ones in the front. lol

TUBHMOOBVAJ

Reaction score
Ok I got the bolt out. My next question is, the coilover seems to be shorter than what I currently have on (Tokico HP Blue). When I extend the bottom red rod out it seems to want to fall off the gold threaded rod. Is this normal? The coilover seems too short. HELP.

Update:I got the coilovers on but it seems to raise my axle too high which is pressing on the sway bar. Do I just adjust the coilovers now by raising it? Loosen the bottom collar and the top collar and turn the gold rod?

Update:
I adjusted the coilover and I'm almost of the thread on the gold shock/rod. The axle is still pressing on the swaybar.

Last edited:

TUBHMOOBVAJ

Reaction score

The factory setting, only about 4.5 inches of tread.

As you can see, I am almost out of tread trying to adjust the height.

The sway bar is in contact with the arm as the coilover is pulling up the arm and brake rotors, etc. This picture shows that there’s no room. As you can see my end link is broken due to the pressure.

The base of the coilover is sitting in the cup, it’s tighten.

The coilovers are placed as instructed.

Back